GEN 1 Rubbing on 35s with stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notfred

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new here and new to Raptors. I just bought a 2013 Screw SVT Raptor this weekend in Florida. I took it for an extended test drive and it ran perfect. I then drove for a couple hours around Florida with no issues. Halfway in my drive to Ohio from Florida, I noticed the right front tire are rubs at full lock when turning left. I know it didn't do this while I was driving in FL. Has anyone had this issue? I am on stock wheels with 35X12.5 R17 Toyo Open Country A/Ts. I looked at the front suspension but I don't see anything obvious.

I searched for a thread but didn't see anything where someone was rubbing on stock wheels.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on your raptor, it shouldn't rub on the stock set up, check the plastic fender liners inside the wheel wells up front, there are black round clips which hold them up in place, have heard of these coming loose or off and the liner drops down a bit and rubs.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had this happen on long drives. It's like the fender liners kinda get pushed back from the wind (over hours) and the wheel can touch it at lock. Seems silly, but when it's happened I don't see anything obviously displaced or popped out. Problem goes away until another long drive. I did trim a little off of the bottom of my liners and it helps.

But you aren't crazy. I'm on mid-perch, but pretty much stock in that area otherwise.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My right front also rubs when turning left at or near full lock. It rubs on a part fender liner. I put some holes in it and zip tied it up out of the way.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have your alignment checked. If the caster/camber are out it will rub.

Not on stock wheels, running methods so my case is different, but can apply.

When I did my slot delete and icon UCA’s and new alignment I had a little over 5 degrees of caster and I rub more now than I did prior to that when I had a little less than 4 degrees and same wheels.
It should also be noted that my LCA bolts are about as far out as they can be which likely contributes some.

Long story short caster can cause some rubbing.

flynford

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new here and new to Raptors. I just bought a 2013 Screw SVT Raptor this weekend in Florida. I took it for an extended test drive and it ran perfect. I then drove for a couple hours around Florida with no issues. Halfway in my drive to Ohio from Florida, I noticed the right front tire are rubs at full lock when turning left. I know it didn't do this while I was driving in FL. Has anyone had this issue? I am on stock wheels with 35X12.5 R17 Toyo Open Country A/Ts. I looked at the front suspension but I don't see anything obvious.

I searched for a thread but didn't see anything where someone was rubbing on stock wheels.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

If those tires are standard size replacement (e.g. 35x12.5x17) the tire side-wall is wider by the vary nature of the measurement of overall width and then you add-in tire manufacturer differences I think with what you got there will more than likely be wider than BFGs from I've seen with that brand. I had a similar but different location with the issue of tire rubbing. I have RPG UCAs and with the stock metric tires 315's, I had no issues with rubbing. When I wore them out and couldn't wait to get metrics in-hand I was able to source the equivalent tire size BFG All-terrains in standard size mentioned earlier. I now get very minor rubbing at full lock. I usually refrain from full lock as a personal rule of mine and will more than likely use Metrics again on the next set just to alleviate the rubbing for those rare full-lock steering maneuvers.