Rubber trim under headlight trim...what are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Are the bumper wings required to be removed to take these off? If it's just a rubber piece, I'm guessing you could just pull hard enough with the bumper in place and get them off or am I wrong?

They're a fairly sturdy piece of rubber held in place with six of those plastic pop in plugs. You'll probably need a removal tool. It would be much easier I would imagine after removing the "wings". The dealership had to remove mine when they painted and clearcoated.

File_000 (1).jpeg

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Never would’ve thought that trim piece would cause that.

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got rid of them while putting in my ADD Stealth Fighter bumper. Gap looks great without them.

05769C8B-2520-4109-94AC-31E99D6B0C0D.jpeg

StraightSixM2C

Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t find the part # for the passenger side rubber piece. I got into a little fender bender and ordered all the parts except for the rubber. The parts breakdowns at tasca and ford’s parts website are conveniently missing that rubber bit.
If anyone has removed those pieces of trim, could you grab a part# of the inside of the rubber? If not I’ll end up taking the driver side off and start the search from that part#.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t find the part # for the passenger side rubber piece. I got into a little fender bender and ordered all the parts except for the rubber. The parts breakdowns at tasca and ford’s parts website are conveniently missing that rubber bit.
If anyone has removed those pieces of trim, could you grab a part# of the inside of the rubber? If not I’ll end up taking the driver side off and start the search from that part#.
They're marked as:

(LH) L3V-17627-AE

(RH) HL3V-17626-AE

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove them you will be happier. I pulled them in my 2018 after guys on here suggested and I went out and looked at it closer and noticed it rubbing the paint so, they are gone I should have done it sooner!

StraightSixM2C

Reaction score
They're marked as:

(LH) L3V-17627-AE

(RH) HL3V-17626-AE
Thank you, Mr Jeffords.
Unfortunately I’m not having any luck with those part numbers. I got lucky with the side marker light part number that was molded into it in the past.
The normal ford websites and google are giving me no love with or without dashes…
The search continues…
The rubbing of the paint doesn’t bother me. As long as it keeps rubbing it will remain bare metal and keep the steel polished.
As for removing them completely, I’m not a fan of rain/debris getting on top of the fender liner. Removal may end up being the last resort tho.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Thank you, Mr Jeffords.
Unfortunately I’m not having any luck with those part numbers. I got lucky with the side marker light part number that was molded into it in the past.
The normal ford websites and google are giving me no love with or without dashes…
The search continues…
The rubbing of the paint doesn’t bother me. As long as it keeps rubbing it will remain bare metal and keep the steel polished.
As for removing them completely, I’m not a fan of rain/debris getting on top of the fender liner. Removal may end up being the last resort tho.
Maybe photos will help. Also, it doesn't polish anything. it rubs through the clear tape, clear coat and paint. I think I still have the pictures of RUST. Both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 5

StraightSixM2C

Reaction score
I only “had” rust on the passenger side, which is getting replaced. I have the new tape. I’m going to put it on myself when I get the truck back from the body shop.
Thanks for the photos!

Reaction score
If anyone in here is still looking for these parts? The part numbers should be HL3Z-17947-G AND HL3Z-17C947-F. They are part of a reinforcement piece up behind the headlight molding.