Rubber trim under headlight trim...what are they?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Jeffords

Reaction score
Definitely REMOVE them before the damage starts. Very poor design. Earlier in this thread I posted photos. There are 4 or 5 plastic push style pins that hold them in place. I had the body shop remove them while they had the parts off to repaint and clear coat.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I recently tried to get me passenger side bumper end repaired under warranty like others have claimed they were able to do but Ford denied the claim. "Normal wear and tear"

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently tried to get me passenger side bumper end repaired under warranty like others have claimed they were able to do but Ford denied the claim. "Normal wear and tear"
The bumper end isn’t where the issue occurs, it’s the surface between the grille and bumper. It’s covered by a clear plastic strip, but if the rubber strip doesn’t line up perfectly, it causes wear to the painted finish.

01Moch1

Reaction score
The bumper end isn’t where the issue occurs, it’s the surface between the grille and bumper. It’s covered by a clear plastic strip, but if the rubber strip doesn’t line up perfectly, it causes wear to the painted finish.
Right, but bumper end (maybe I'm using the wrong term here) is where the rubber piece did not stay on the clear plastic strip and rubbed through to bare-metal. Mine looks pretty much just like the second picture on post #8 of this thread, only it's on the RH side.