Rubber hose(s) replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced all their rubber Hoses? Any recommendations on what to go with?
-motorcraft oem
-mishimoto silicone
-hps silicone

Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am all about the Motorcraft stuff, I know that those hoses are still going to be on the truck in 20 years, I know they are going to fit with no finegelling. The silicon stuff? Looks nice, not as sure about the longevity... You would think if they can make a 50 year bathtub caulk they should be good. I know there are companies that make silicon replacements for the IWE lines that are know to fail, and never seem to see anything about them failing.

If your building a dedicated race or show vehicle the answer is different, mine is just a driver, all the hoses are original and still in good shape, when they need replaced I will rock Motorcraft.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced all their rubber Hoses? Any recommendations on what to go with?
-motorcraft oem
-mishimoto silicone
-hps silicone

Thankyou in advance

all the rubber hoses? whats your plan? with the exception of my power steering hose, all my hoses are oem and no issuse after 203k miles and extreme heat exposure. i get it pretty hot in the engine bay. the power steering hose split on me, but i replaced with an oem equivelent. the amount of abuse i have put my truck through, most people wont come close. and the oem hoses are fine

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only hoses that seem to take any abuse are the iwe hoses and if you wanted to upgrade your brake hoses to stainless steel. I haven't had any issues in 11 years, but I upgraded my brake lines 10 years ago with S/S

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it.... Enough said fellas
Just keeping up with maintenance

Motorcraft oem it is
2013 with 98k on the odometer

Thanks for the advice.... Again