RST or any cage Upper Shock Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any chance you can grab those measurements? Getting ready to start building...

I officially suck.... I was just there and totally forgot to do this for you.

The way I am doing mine is a to strap the axle up at full bump and compress the shock leaving 1/2 inch before it completely bottoms.
I was told by a reputable race truck builder to do it this way to maximize up travel and use the 2.5 x 4 inch bump into the suspension stroke.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I officially suck.... I was just there and totally forgot to do this for you.

The way I am doing mine is a to strap the axle up at full bump and compress the shock leaving 1/2 inch before it completely bottoms.
I was told by a reputable race truck builder to do it this way to maximize up travel and use the 2.5 x 4 inch bump into the suspension stroke.
no worries. Im thinking i can continue the same shock angle as factory. im also thinking of keeping the same compression/droop ratio by finding the factory ratio comparing resting position to full compress/droop of the oem shock. i may not get the full benefit by doing it this way but also feel like this is a "safe" method.