RST or any cage Upper Shock Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to be building out a bed cage soon. But I also intend to do a through bed/long shock/rst18 style rear shock setup. I want to go ahead and build the upper shock mounts into the bed cage now. I am hoping that anyone can give me the position measurements for their upper shock mount.

Thinking distance from bedside bed wall, distance from cab side bed wall and height up from bed floor.

and also how wide your shock mount bracket is.

And yeah I am thinking about just buying the rst18 rack and building off of it. It wanted to see if I could just get dimensions first.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately unless you are buying someone else's pre-fabbed set up, you kinda have to go through the motions of finding all of your own dimensions.

You will need to de-construct the leaf pack, get a mock-up Bypass (or release the NO2 charge) and find the true full bump measurement. So you will need to cut a hole, locate lower shock mount on the axle, compress the spring and shock to the bump stop and locate the upper mount from there.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately unless you are buying someone else's pre-fabbed set up, you kinda have to go through the motions of finding all of your own dimensions.

You will need to de-construct the leaf pack, get a mock-up Bypass (or release the NO2 charge) and find the true full bump measurement. So you will need to cut a hole, locate lower shock mount on the axle, compress the spring and shock to the bump stop and locate the upper mount from there.

Yeah def looking to cheat. In a perfect world I could get the dimensions from an RPG rst18 and then buy the shocks they recommend or similar for their rack.

Hoping there is someone kind enough to spill the beans and not have to reinvent the wheel.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah def looking to cheat. In a perfect world I could get the dimensions from an RPG rst18 and then buy the shocks they recommend or similar for their rack.

Hoping there is someone kind enough to spill the beans and not have to reinvent the wheel.

I'll PM you some measurements from my buddies cage. He is running a Deaver+3 and a King 4.0 x 16 I believe.
Give me a couple days to get the info

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bud, we have been on different schedules these day. He is in Austin and Im in San Antonio (1 hour away) so we just have not got it together yet.
I'll PM you details when I get it.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry bud, we have been on different schedules these day. He is in Austin and Im in San Antonio (1 hour away) so we just have not got it together yet.
I'll PM you details when I get it.
Any chance you can grab those measurements? Getting ready to start building...

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of those measurements are subjective and don’t really matter as quite literally every single cage is different. If you listen to some guys they’ll tell you to install your shock mount such that at ride height the shock is at 50% travel, others will modify this, some will run the shock at a 90 degree, others at a 70, others at a 60, it all depends on the cage, goals, and space you are willing to give up to the cage. There are a lot of pictures of various cages that show reference points in the bed against which to take measurements