RSI SmartCap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG.. I've been debating on ordering this from Off Road Alliance. I don't overland at all and not sure if I'm going to like it with the Antimatter Blue color of my truck. It's a 21 with 37 so not sure if I can even reach the top of it. So what I'm saying is sell me on it :)

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from off-road alliance to replace what I had on my truck before. Got the kitchen, table, and side bins. My heavy tent is mounted using the Leitner bars off my old rack.

I love this thing. Really well made, keeps a lot of dust and mud out. The design on the doors is well thought out in heavy rain and allows rain to drain around the doors and not into them.

The table is well thought out and heavy duty. Definitely can be used as a gun table.

Cold weather performance is perfectly fine. I had my locks freeze on me and the latches were a little slow when I got them covered in ice but they still functioned. Exactly what I would expect.

Highly recommend ORA and this cap.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG.. I've been debating on ordering this from Off Road Alliance. I don't overland at all and not sure if I'm going to like it with the Antimatter Blue color of my truck. It's a 21 with 37 so not sure if I can even reach the top of it. So what I'm saying is sell me on it :)
This thing would make a pink truck look cool. Do it.

I don’t know if I’m tear assing around off road racing and getting air etc if I’m putting this thing on but if overlanding just means traveling then give ORA a shout. That being said it’s quite robust.

I looked into having mine paint matched and even powder coated to match my Rapid Red. Don’t waste your time. One it’s stupid expensive to paint and (2) powder coat colors are limited and it won’t match. Mine looks perfect black and wouldn’t paint it now that it’s on if I had the option. It would have been a wall of Rapid Red if I’d have done it. Too much imho.

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing a quick update, mine arrived and is on thanks to Chris and the team @OffroadAlliance.com

For the install, I used quite a bit of waterproof stick-on foam to seal to the bed behind the main gasket. Harness wasn't included, will tackle that sometime this week once I figure out what fuse/wire I need to tap into (in the engine bay/not the LED tail light).

Overall, it's high quality and every day someone asks me about it. No leaks and I live in WA.

B100F136-AEA1-44FB-8615-A4F5B1D7FE67.jpeg
11E29574-C824-4611-88F5-0717AC1B1E52.jpeg

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just throwing a quick update, mine arrived and is on thanks to Chris and the team @OffroadAlliance.com

For the install, I used quite a bit of waterproof stick-on foam to seal to the bed behind the main gasket. Harness wasn't included, will tackle that sometime this week once I figure out what fuse/wire I need to tap into (in the engine bay/not the LED tail light).

Overall, it's high quality and every day someone asks me about it. No leaks and I live in WA.

View attachment 349180
View attachment 349181
Looks awesome!! Thanks for the shout out!

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third Brake Light Wiring

Since mine didn't come with a harness and if you have the trailer/brake system you really don't want to splice into the taillight nor trailer harness - had to locate the 3rd brake light wire.

Under the hood, next to the brake master there is a purple/red wire capped off that is the 3rd brake light wire. It is taped to the loom coming from the driver's side fender towards the engine and brake system. Shielded 22awg wire should be sufficient and simple enough to route along the frame all the way back. You can ground inside the driver's rear taillight or use the wire back to the engine bay.

Install was about an hour.

Gatica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same brake light wire I tapped into it on the passenger side foot plate. Ran the wire from the rear thru the frame rail. Looks better than factory wiring.

Heinz

Reaction score
Firing up this thread again - I just put my SmartCap on and hooked up the supplied T cable to the 16-pin connector under the truck. No luck getting the third brake light to work. The cable from RSI had an additional single ring-end wire with no instructions on what to do with it. Am I missing something on where that should be connected? Any other steps to get the 16-pin connectors to recognize the new light?

Any advice appreciated.