RPG's "Stage 2 Kit": Rear frame support and Fox Air Bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Diary,

Today I did it. I got my first modification to my Raptor. For the past several months I would lie awake at night thinking about who should be my first-- should it be the BedRug or maybe the BakFlip or even RPG Stage III. It would be the first thing I would think about when I woke up. I couldn't eat, I was irritable and would get misty as I drove past a Ford Dealership. I spent hours and hours on that damn fordraptorforum. I even looked at other Raptor websites (the dark side) but they were trying to be cool so I left. It was all I could think about RPG, BedRug, BakFlip, Methods, CAI, Projectors, Exhausts (what did that one sound like) Headers, Whipple? AAAHHHHH!!!!

Then I read about BigJ and his experience with RPG and I knew that they were the ones. I called Jarrett last night and told him what I wanted. He was great, he told me that we all want are Raptor's to be unique, as special as mine was going to be. Diary, I couldn't help myself, I bought the Stage III. After, we talked some, and then I found myself wanting more (is that bad?) I bought the Tie Rod Kit and then the Upper Control Arms (does this make me a ****?) Last night I had the best sleep in months and I know that this is only the beginning. The Hit List of modifications-- BedRug, BakFlip, Methods, CAI, Exhaust, is going to be knocked off one by one or maybe two by two... Oh God... I am a ****... HELLPPP MEEEE

Lol,

UPS has your order my good man, and you are not a ****, just a modding nut job like the rest of us:waytogo:

Consider RPG your personal Ambien. We are going to have much more in the next few months to make sureyou get a good night sleep.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Do the National Springs maintain the stock ride height?

B,

Going out tonight, great speaking with you today...

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my RPG stage 3 kit ordered up! Should be here Tuesday. Jerrett was awesome to work with and took my phone call to finish up my order at 8:30pm! (wasn't out of class till then).
Can't wait to check it out!

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^DUUUUUUDE! Gratz! You're gonna flip when you see this stuff. I was going back over my pics today, after having inspected everything on the truck again last night (finally got it off road into some mud!) and those pics just don't do the quality of this stuff justice. The bends, cuts, welds, design... yup, you're gonna flip out :)

Enjoy and keep us posted!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^DUUUUUUDE! Gratz! You're gonna flip when you see this stuff. I was going back over my pics today, after having inspected everything on the truck again last night (finally got it off road into some mud!) and those pics just don't do the quality of this stuff justice. The bends, cuts, welds, design... yup, you're gonna flip out :)

Enjoy and keep us posted!

I know I can't wait! I have to say your recent findings prompted me to remove my bump stops and take a closer look. I never got any indication that either frame rail was bent, everything looked good. But after removing the bump stops it was obvious things weren't right, I could feel the deformation just by running my fingers over the frame where the bumps mount. Luckily it appears my damage is in a early stage. No way was I going to hesitate ordering a bump kit, it was only going to get worse.

I figured I might as well get the National springs too, I've only been ******* over the Deaver springs since Bstoner installed and raved about his.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I know I can't wait! I have to say your recent findings prompted me to remove my bump stops and take a closer look. I never got any indication that either frame rail was bent, everything looked good. But after removing the bump stops it was obvious things weren't right, I could feel the deformation just by running my fingers over the frame where the bumps mount. Luckily it appears my damage is in a early stage. No way was I going to hesitate ordering a bump kit, it was only going to get worse.

I figured I might as well get the National springs too, I've only been ******* over the Deaver springs since Bstoner installed and raved about his.

Did you get the HD springs to as well.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the HD springs to as well.

No got the standard nationals. After talking with Jerrett we came to the conclusion the standards Nationals were a better fit for me. Its seldom that I load the bed real heavy, and never when going off roading. Most I carry then is a extra spare, some water/fuel, and a couple passengers, the standards should handle that just fine.