RPG traction bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into some traction bars and I’ve narrowed it down to SVC and RPG. The RPG kit seems to have a different philosophy as far as movement under normal driving and off roading. Anyone running the RPG kit?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it!!!
If I didn't already have the Rogue Racing Traction bars I would have the RPG.
DSC02387.JPG
ROGUE RACING - FORD F150\RAPTOR 2009+ TRACTION BAR SYSTEM — Rogue Racing

I didn't even know they copied the Rogue racing ones, good for them.
I like that it's a one piece bump stop hook up and the bar is made out of aluminum.
I had to buy the separate bump stop plate from RPG when I upgraded the rear springs

The SVC is much cheaper for a reason and I don't like three things about it.
1) You have to weld
2) It does not allow full articulation (but there are folks on here that don't have any issues)
3) They hang lower than the RPG and Rogue Racing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dustan

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t even look at the rogue kit. I would think that all in one bumpstop pad would work with SVC’s bumpstop kit. I’ll check with RPG. I’m leaning towards the RPG kit.
Thanks for the info

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would go with RPG, Have dealt with them a lot. Great customer service and their products have not failed on my truck.

D

Deleted member 17706

I will be running the RPG traction bars. As @MTF noted, the design is very similar to Rogue. Everyone that I have talked to has spoken very highly of the RPG bars. Also, I have no interest in having to weld a set onto the truck.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I’m looking into some traction bars and I’ve narrowed it down to SVC and RPG. The RPG kit seems to have a different philosophy as far as movement under normal driving and off roading. Anyone running the RPG kit?

Did you consider KHC?

flynford

Reaction score
The aspect I don't like with the Rogue & RPG is that doesn't limit/stop the axel wrap in the braking direction. So you lose the true effect of having a great trac-bar, the action of keeping the axel in phase (also keeping minimal driveshaft spline movement/strain when the pinion is tipping/dipping excessively during cycling & keeping the u-joints happy as well) with the travel from full-bump to full-droop and irregardless of power applied; it'll hold that axel right where it should. A hear a lot of folks say that the SVC bars are too low, I've yet to hit them. So driving off-road or on-road, it makes the Raptor more awesome to drive; since, you don't get the delayed acceleration/braking affect of the spring-wrap. I believe that you'd lose that braking response with either Rogue & RPG kit.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Krazy House Customs makes a killer torque arm that doesn't interfere with clearance, provides benefits on the street as well as off road. It's an amazingly solid product. I've run it for about a year and wouldn't consider anything else at this point. btw...get the diff guard option as well.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The aspect I don't like with the Rogue & RPG is that doesn't limit/stop the axel wrap in the braking direction. So you lose the true effect of having a great trac-bar, the action of keeping the axel in phase (also keeping minimal driveshaft spline movement/strain when the pinion is tipping/dipping excessively during cycling & keeping the u-joints happy as well) with the travel from full-bump to full-droop and irregardless of power applied; it'll hold that axel right where it should. A hear a lot of folks say that the SVC bars are too low, I've yet to hit them. So driving off-road or on-road, it makes the Raptor more awesome to drive; since, you don't get the delayed acceleration/braking affect of the spring-wrap. I believe that you'd lose that braking response with either Rogue & RPG kit.
That's a good point and I can see that maybe happening with stock springs but probably doesn't.
The anti lock brake system would activate long before there would be enough braking force to even flex the spring.

Certainly not going to happen with upgraded rear springs either Deavers or Icons