RPG Traction Bars Installation Instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You have a few options. You can hack the lower end, dropping the rear spindle lower to do something similar to a spacer but instead of raising the truck up, it drops the attachment point by an inch.

The draw backs are that it will reduce ground clearance, and of coarse require some cuting of the bracket and welding of material after extension of one inch.

The other solution is to sell them ( you will lose a couple hundred bucks) but on the bright side you’ll still be able to sell for a good amount and your help support a member with their future build.

I’m going SVC on mine, especially now that I’m working with Goose on a tune.

Oh you can also get new leafs but who wants to do that…

SVC works fine with 1" drop RPG shackles on Icon leafs.

20230818_112151.jpg20230512_120312.jpg

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol its incredible how much rust the icons are able to hold...

welds look great! I have to find a competent off-road shop, the only one i know of is from my track days and they dont do "truck stuff"

nice work on your build btw. secret fan.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
is there no "shackle" on the SVC bars? It looks like its a fixed length and i would think it should be able to move fwd/aft as the leafs compress and get longer? maybe i'm not seeing it on the axle or not understanding it correctly?

Helm joints. Droops out fine.

20230512_120312.jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What is your total travel with your setup? Drop shackles or standard length?

As in when the truck is at full droop measure from bump stop strike plate to bump stop “end” and then add 2.5”.

1" drop shackles, if I remember correctly. They were the ones recommended for Icon springs. And I don't remember the droop numbers off hand.

About this much....

20230512_120337.jpg

20230512_115736.jpg

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1" drop shackles, if I remember correctly. They were the ones recommended for Icon springs. And I don't remember the droop numbers off hand.

About this much....

View attachment 423548

View attachment 423549
I know the fixed length traction bars can cause some bind, when paired with a drop shackle, towards the end of the droop, but there are more than just that one variable at play for sure.

Also for what it is worth, when it is sitting on the lift, I have over 18” of total travel in the rear. but, in every jump picture I have I am not using all of my droop.

My best theory is the once the spring reaches its “at rest” shape it begins pulling up on the axle, thus slowing the droop, at the same time the shock is at a better leverage angle and you are starting to hit full rebound valving.