RPG Tie Rod check up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off, the RPG tie rods have been great. have about 30k on them now with no complaints. Couple of weeks ago I noticed a slight vibration in my front end and an odd rattle coming through my steering column. After washing off my truck I checked the joints in the front end. I was shocked that one of the end joints had worked itself loose. I was lucky this thing didn't break off on some backroad or a lease road in BFE. Take a look. Moral of the story, check your suspension every now and then for wear and loose parts.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1mAPJoLos2rjZDzCA

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about premature wear on on of the rod ends....but a loose clevis on the rack...sure it made loud noises...
The attachment bolt for that clevis has a very specific torque value and I believe red Loctite is recommended....

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about premature wear on on of the rod ends....but a loose clevis on the rack...sure it made loud noises...
The attachment bolt for that clevis has a very specific torque value and I believe red Loctite is recommended....

Yes it was making noise just never noticed much until a couple of weeks ago when it started coming through the steering more. I also had red Loctite on when we first did the tie rods, the lease roads I go down are that bad. Wash board ruts on some of these road will rattle everything loose if not break things.