RPG rear cantilever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not sure where you read that but control arms and tie rods are for the front wheels and not the rear. Here's a good pic of the rear and the wheels look to be in the stock position:

Cantilever_001.jpg

Oh, is that wrong? My apologies. I was just reading through the Bolt description and it mentioned 3 inches longer control arms and tie rods. I thought that would mean it pushed the wheels out 3 inches further.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure where you read that but control arms and tie rods are for the front wheels and not the rear. Here's a good pic of the rear and the wheels look to be in the stock position:

I was referring to RPG's front suspension called the Bolt on their website. It appears the cantilever rear is meant to pair with the Bolt front. But I thought the Bolt front stuck out 3" more than stock where the cantilever rear didn't. Hence the question about it looking weird. I thought the fronts would be 3" further out than the rears.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Cantilever_001.jpg
The BOLT “bolt on long travel” front is what he’s referring too. RPG says it pairs well with the cantilever rear.

edit: sorry didn’t see he covered it on the post before

Last edited:

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The BOLT “bolt on long travel” front is what he’s referring too. RPG says it pairs well with the cantilever rear.

edit: sorry didn’t see he covered it on the post before

Justin, do the front wheels stick out further in the long- or mid-travel front suspensions like the BOLT? And do people generally just live with that? Seems like it would be a very weird look...but perhaps I've seen it, didn't notice it, and it's not that big of a deal.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Justin, do the front wheels stick out further in the long- or mid-travel front suspensions like the BOLT? And do people generally just live with that? Seems like it would be a very weird look...but perhaps I've seen it, didn't notice it, and it's not that big of a deal.
They do. Some people let it be. Others run 2” adapters in the rear. If you do adapters run BORA. Only ones I’d trust.

Or you can go with a Currie rear but that’s at least 10k alone

D

Deleted member 17706

I had the same impression but after Corey’s email the big smile turned in to a sad [emoji3525].
52eda4282a4be8dd8bf543c34cff9ab4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang it! I was thinking they were one piece. It is still a great buy, but if it came with a bump stop, it would be a no brainer LOL. Thanks for the info.

I wasn't thinking about you having the RXT shocks. This could be an expensive upgrade if you change out all four shocks... Don't let the wife know :)

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it! I was thinking they were one piece. It is still a great buy, but if it came with a bump stop, it would be a no brainer LOL. Thanks for the info.

I wasn't thinking about you having the RXT shocks. This could be an expensive upgrade if you change out all four shocks... Don't let the wife know :)
I was thinking the same with bump it would be a great deal with no hesitation.

Corey was very nice to email Icon and ask for the cad designs of the Rxt’s and he will look into it.

I had this idea of going Kings 3.5 but the cantilever is designed for 3.0’s kings and Foxes.

I hope the Rxt shocks will fit the kit, if they did not I might do shocks through the bed, and agin it a loss.
I have no idea what I’ll be doing next if this didn’t not work out.
But the stage 4 Icon kit after the re tune and the Baja kits lower arm’s is one sick combo. I just feel that I upgraded to a very mild Prerunner level.

Lol the wife wants the cantilever kit [emoji23][emoji23] I’m good at that department .

She wants a mid travel but I’ll have to max out my suspension and push to the limits in order for me to go mid travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk