RPG Raceline Bumper Adjustment Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my bumper today, followed the frame mod video and I am not happy with the fit.

The drivers side has a finger distance between the body, fender, and flare all the way to the end, it looks perfect. The passenger side however is tight up against the body out at the end? I do not see how the bumper could be adjusted once the rack bolts are tightened, but I thought I would post up to see if anyone had suggestions?

I will call RPG Monday but I would like to get it fixed this weekend if there is a way.

Anyone have issues?
Thanks
Dennis

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are 3 showing the issue..

Attachments

• photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 96
  • photo-14.jpg
    photo-14.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 376
  • photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 353

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raceline bumper's top tube actually presses in the fender and flare on both the driver and passenger side on my truck. But the bracket that attaches the upper framing arms (for the fenders and hood) to the front crossbar on my truck is bent out. Below is a crappy cell phone pic. You can see where that bracket is shifted forward when it should be directly on top of the crossbar. The crossbar itself was also bent downward almost an inch.

So you may want to look to see if you have any similar bending. If your front fiberglass has some larger gaps at the door that may indicate that you have an issue.

Corey looked at my truck in Baja and he believes this issue is the reason for my rubbing. Understand that every raceline bumper has been built from the same jig so if it is not fitting right then something is probably bent and/or shifted.

Let me know if you see anything similar on your truck.

IMG_20130407_084940_300_zps04efc98b.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Here are 3 showing the issue..

I wish mine looked this good. Ha.

OP
OP
D

dnewman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take a look, my truck is a 2013 and never wrecked, jumped or off road even. The factory reveal was perfect but I suppose it could be bad from the factory.
I will look in a bit and report back.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take a look, my truck is a 2013 and never wrecked, jumped or off road even. The factory reveal was perfect but I suppose it could be bad from the factory.
I will look in a bit and report back.

Should fit perfect. Hmmm.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Pull the bumper off again and measure the area again.
I'm wondering if say the area where your suppose to measure from( the welded piece/body mount on the frame) is welded further forward on the drivers side then the passenger side.
Measure the pieces you cut off and see if they're the same length.
Or when you cut the drivers side frame horn was it completely square and didn't go slightly on an angle?
I would re-check these points.

19517d1365342481-rpg-raceline-bumper-adjustment-issue-photo-15.jpg

19516d1365342481-rpg-raceline-bumper-adjustment-issue-photo-14.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be possible that your frame cuts were off by a small margin?

Edit: moderator minds think alike. Hahaa ^^

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With bolts thru holes in the horns and using the steering box bolts I am not sure that minor variances in the frame horn cuts will matter. I don't remember anything being slotted. But if this is a fix I will try it.