Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

RPG pre-run Barstow to Laughlin via Mojave trail

Discussion in 'Past Expedition Reports Pics and Vids' started by E63, Dec 25, 2012.

1. BlueSVT

BlueSVT FRF Addict

Why do you hate seeing other people say their setup is the best? We've been seeing people for the past year claiming this product or that product are the best in the world, without any comparison... it's all personal opinion based on everybody's own experiences. Nothing to get excited over.

On a side note, not to derail your thread, but have you driven a truck equipped with Kings or Icons before? Myself and a few others have driven and ridden in all 3 setups... so it's not just an opinion based on what's "cool" or "popular" or what sales pitch we've been fed. It's time in the seat that helped me form my own personal opinion.

As long as you're happy with YOUR setup, is all that matters at the end of the day. Nobody can tell you that your truck is any worse than theirs... nor should you tell them it's any better. Let's be real, none of us race our trucks... so comparing them side-by-side is very objective, and people's pre-conceived opinions would still lead them to claim victory... like a presidential debate, haha.

I've learned that it's hard sharing opinions without hurting people's feelings... so it's best just to share "facts" and let others form their own opinion. My observations and details I've shared are based on comparison of other brands, driving other trucks, and spending CONSIDERABLE time off road in my truck.

One thing everybody agrees on: They're all better than stock... and we all love the parts we chose. Now lets hug. Haha.

Friendly day in the dirt for everybody... no ego-comparison! Haha... The threee of us need to get out there and do a run. Still too bad you and Jarrett missed our Death Valley trip, it was great!

bstoner59, 408RCLB and pirate air like this.
  2. kawie95

kawie95 Full Access Member

There, now you know

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hit a joshua tree when sliding in 2wd going about 40 downhill in the mud. Im a better driver in 4wd

Attached Files:

3. BlueSVT

BlueSVT FRF Addict

Ouch... Very Ouch, man...

4. kawie95

[​IMG]

E63 likes this.
  5. E63

E63 Full Access Member

Matt, lets try to make this happen when Gbrown is in town in January. As you say it is very subjective and the other element is that there likely are not too many folks that know how to fine tune their shocks for maximum performance across a range of driving conditions...

6. BlueSVT

BlueSVT FRF Addict

I'll try to arrange something... Maybe even somewhere we haven't been, to explore some new terrain?

7. GBrown1867

GBrown1867 Full Access Member

I am game. Think it would be a fun day.

8. kawie95

I want to go! :) I have a desert race mid January but other than that I'd love to spectate

9. E63

E63 Full Access Member

For a good test I think a medium whoop trail run several times would provide the best pure test. Pre run once then hit hard. There are some excellent trails that would fit this bill at the Barstow Stoddard Wells area. There is also my favorite jump site. Both could be set up for spectators and video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

10. A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing Dezert 8MYMNEY

Raptizzle likes this.