GEN 1 RPG or SVC UCA & Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Have new OEM Fox shocks on Mid Perch with Geisers, looking to install new Upper Control Arms and Tie Rods, torn between SVC and RPG. Also, on the gen 1 with these aftermarket tie rods do you need boots? Thanks in advance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You reuse your old boots, just cut a bit off for the larger diameter of the rod. I have RPG and have been happy. Get some dry lube lubricant spray to keep the heim joints lubed up, fyi. Do mine twice a year for the last 6 years and no issues so far.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC parts dominate on the Baja runs. I’d say 90% of the trucks run some SVC. There parts have been proven and their customer device is some of the best. I’d call them

ggsando

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of UCAs and tie rods for Christmas. Just a reminder, SVC recommends running 0 offset wheels and you will have to drill out the taper on the knuckle for the new bearing.

OP
OP
ToddReynolds

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Picked up a set of UCAs and tie rods for Christmas. Just a reminder, SVC recommends running 0 offset wheels and you will have to drill out the taper on the knuckle for the new bearing.
Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of the zero offset but not the drilling out the knuckle

OP
OP
ToddReynolds

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
You reuse your old boots, just cut a bit off for the larger diameter of the rod. I have RPG and have been happy. Get some dry lube lubricant spray to keep the heim joints lubed up, fyi. Do mine twice a year for the last 6 years and no issues so far.
Did you get the full or half tie rods? Thanks for the advice.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC makes great parts, but I had a pretty ****** experience with their customer service after purchasing one of their bumpers. RPG on the other hand make great parts and have excellent customer service.

Understood that these are just my anecdotal experiences, but there’s a reason why I’ll keep going back to RPG in the future.