RPG Offroad Harness Bar Kit and RPG Custom Raptor Four-Point MasterCraft Harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see all sides of these arguments, and to a certain extent agree with them all. So here's my 2cents - I think we should all rise above attacking someone for making a product that people ask for. This company isn't just sitting around making this expensive stuff because they know it will sell. Someone asked for it, someone else saw it and wanted one, and it rolled on from there. Same thing happened with our trucks - someone built a prototype, someone else said they liked it, and so on. So, just like everyday life, if you don't like it - walk away. I see products everyday on t.v, showrooms, billboards, etc. - and if I don't want it - I don't buy it. I don't even think about it.

Good luck with the rack, and I think the rest of us should be careful sharing our opinions when it really doesn't matter. It's nothing personal right? Just don't buy it if you don't want it.......

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I see all sides of these arguments, and to a certain extent agree with them all. So here's my 2cents - I think we should all rise above attacking someone for making a product that people ask for. This company isn't just sitting around making this expensive stuff because they know it will sell. Someone asked for it, someone else saw it and wanted one, and it rolled on from there. Same thing happened with our trucks - someone built a prototype, someone else said they liked it, and so on. So, just like everyday life, if you don't like it - walk away. I see products everyday on t.v, showrooms, billboards, etc. - and if I don't want it - I don't buy it. I don't even think about it.

Good luck with the rack, and I think the rest of us should be careful sharing our opinions when it really doesn't matter. It's nothing personal right? Just don't buy it if you don't want it.......

Agreed 100%

Attachments

• Jeff Krosnoff Crash2.jpg
    Jeff Krosnoff Crash2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 238

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

Having been around the shop more than I probably should that's how a lot of it comes about, including this. Some customers are very vocal and persistent with their demands.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Mustang Cover Boy Tries To Corner, Flips Over Tire Wall

How the driver and passenger survived I do not know. But you can see in the pictures the bolt in cage punched through the floor.

Best part about that crash is it wasn't violent at all. Now add dirt, un even surface, bushes, 3,000 pounds and it get much more dangerous than flopping onto your roof

EVERYONE, I'm not trying to be a **** here, but when(and it will happen) someone gets seriously hurt I don't want it to be to late

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion, but as someone who has rolled multiple trucks :crazy: , 4 point harnesses without a cage that ties into the frame, and is capable of supporting a roof impact, is complete suicide.
You really, really want to be able to bend laterally when the roof comes down.
Ironically, I would feel safe daily driving with the harness bar, but wouldn't want it for offroad use.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion, but as someone who has rolled multiple trucks :crazy: , 4 point harnesses without a cage that ties into the frame, and is capable of supporting a roof impact, is complete suicide.
You really, really want to be able to bend laterally when the roof comes down.
Ironically, I would feel safe daily driving with the harness bar, but wouldn't want it for offroad use.

I agree that attaching to the frame is vital.. One thing that is odd about this application is that the stacked material height where we bolt these down in the cab is 3 times thicker then the frame. The Frame is only 0.080" The stacked material height is 0.25"

So yes, we could make a bracket that attaches the harness bar kit to the frame. In doing such, we would have to remove all of the factory rubber cab mounts and weld doubler plates onto the factory frame (otherwise the tubes would rip the frame apart).. at this point, just gut the entire cab and make a full welded in cage..

We are not looking to make a race cage... Just something that is simple, easy and effective.