RPG half tie rod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaled

Reaction score
hey guys , so the the half tie rod is better used for the Gen 2 / Gen 3 ?

What about the Gen 1s ? I do have a full tie rod kit from +2 Evil mid travel kit , and I’ve recently blown seals and it was leaking I’m not sure if this is from the strong tie rod ? , saw a lot of videos that the half tie rods ( stronger outer ) (stock inners ) are the way to go to keep the weakness . Is this the culprit of going full tie rods which destroy the steering rack / seals in the Gen 1 ?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey guys , so the the half tie rod is better used for the Gen 2 / Gen 3 ?

What about the Gen 1s ? I do have a full tie rod kit from +2 Evil mid travel kit , and I’ve recently blown seals and it was leaking I’m not sure if this is from the strong tie rod ? , saw a lot of videos that the half tie rods ( stronger outer ) (stock inners ) are the way to go to keep the weakness . Is this the culprit of going full tie rods which destroy the steering rack / seals in the Gen 1 ?
A hydraulic system will handle impact differently that the EPAS system. An EPAS system failure means you no longer have steering, while old school hydraulic can still be forced to turn. The outer tie rod should probably be designed to be the weakest link because it's the easiest to replace.
I'm guessing FoMoCo wanted to do 2 things with the EPAS system:
1)get rid of the power steering squeak they ALL eventually get, &
2)try to squeeze out another mpg for the window sticker.