RPG Gen 3 Raptor Frame Support Kit with 4 inch Air Bumps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firedupducky

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just got my new Gen 3 with the 37 package. While I don't tow much anymore, I do have to transport my boat from our boathouse to the dealership for routine maintenance and warranty work. I was looking at adding Timbren's for the extra payload bump but don't like the idea of having them on all the time (Not sure how it will impact ride quality while off-roading). What I prefer about the RPG kit is I can swap the 2.5 inch air bumps for the 4 inch bumps as needed (looks pretty easy to swap out). The 4 inch bumps are specifically stated to help payload (what they should saw is squatting) with towing. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I was looking at doing the Geiser progressive springs but it appears that if I just install the rear springs there is too much rake. However, if I install the front and rear springs the front of the truck sits a little higher (saw this in another post...which was initially a little confusing as it originally stated Geiser didn't offer front springs for the 37 package)? Any input is appreciated.

Here's a link to the site:

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the geiser rears and rpg bumps. I keep the standard 2.5 bumps when towing my chevelle which with trailer is about 5500LBS. Idk how heavy you tow but honestly raptors suck at towing, i despise it.

OP
OP
firedupducky

firedupducky

Reaction score
I tow about 7500 - 8000k short distance's. I had a 3/4 Duramax before but it wasn't what I really wanted and didn't make sense for 99% of my needs. How much rake do you have with just the rear springs?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My G1, G2, & G3 RPG kits all came with plates, they're listed as included on site, noted as "Axle impact pads"

The only case where I can see them not being included might be if you ordered it just as a brace and not a kit with air bumps. I recall that being offered in G1 days...

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, must be new...thought you had to buy them separate on the gen 2 kit
RPG has a few options for Gen 2. Some of which you have to buy the strike pads separately. But that is because depending on what set-up you are running you may or may not need them. If running stock leaf spring and the RPG bump stop kit you just flip your stock bump blocks over and use them. If running Deavers you needed to buy the strike plates. Keep It Dirty Off Road does nice job explaining this on YouTube.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FMI kit looks nice. But their install has some cutting and grinding that I didn't want to do. See install link below. The RPG kit is all bolt on. Though not an easy install. Sneaking that bar under the bed is a task. The RPG strike plates bolts to the parts that FMI want you to cut and grind off.

RPG is still working on an install guide. So it did suck to have to figure all this out.

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I had timber on the Gen 2 but replaced them with an added spring. When under load you lose the suspension and feels like riding on rocks. Maybe good for short runs but not cross country.

I had them installed before picking up the camper in Oregon. After 3,000 miles I was just car sick.

I think an airbag or heavy spring is a better solution.

I just installed the dodge inside coil air bag. Easy and inexpensive. I skipped the air compressor for now.