RPG collars vs SVC collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any differences between the 2 collars? I see the SVC is a one piece design with no bolts, and is roughly half the price. Are people just brand loyal with RPG?

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You about summed up the differences. Early adopters went with RPG because they were out first. Would have gone SVC likely had they been available when I put mine on my truck. Used Icon on my Gen 2 because they were adjustable.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't received my truck yet but already picked up a set of SVC collars. I liked the one piece design better.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming the 1 piece would require the strut to be removed and the coil taken off before installing correct? The 2 piece design doesn’t require any of that, just remove tie rod bolt, compress the springs and install under the strut lower bracket.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming the 1 piece would require the strut to be removed and the coil taken off before installing correct? The 2 piece design doesn’t require any of that, just remove tie rod bolt, compress the springs and install under the strut lower bracket.
Correct.