RPG Collars Concerns

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by raptorwarrior, Jul 21, 2017.

1. BajaFred

BajaFred Full Access Member

You've left out the most important part - legal fees?

2. Jayrod

Jayrod Full Access Member

Check post 18, Chevrolet was required to pay all legal fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Full Access Member

It typically can only void the component it has a direct impact upon. So if the strut starts puking oil and or a ball joint blows out, they could say it was a result of that spacer. Dealers are independent franchises, so each dealer has some flexibility in what they deem warranty or not warranty within reason. Now if you install the spacer and the radio goes out, high probability not the spacers fault. I would guess 9 out of 10 times you would be fine with this mod. I have seen Ford void powertrain warranties for as little as CAI kits. Because anytime you alter airflow into or out of the engine you have modified it from its base hp tq values. So point is, any mod is a risk, some more than others when it comes to warranty.

4. dlbb

dlbb Full Access Member

i like to make my life easy with mods. i buy them and take them to my service dealer to install at an oil change or other work. funny part is, so far i haven't had any warranty issues in the last 12 years of having warrantied trucks.