Roush vs. Whipple

Roush vs. Whipple

• Roush

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Whipple

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luhlrich

Reaction score
Interested in some power adders for my truck, and have come to the conclusion that a supercharger would be a good way to go. I am interested in both the roush kit and the whipple kit. The whipple kit is about 800 dollars more expensive. Which one should I go with? Thanks in advance

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interested in some power adders for my truck, and have come to the conclusion that a supercharger would be a good way to go. I am interested in both the roush kit and the whipple kit. The whipple kit is about 800 dollars more expensive. Which one should I go with? Thanks in advance
I went through this same thing a couple years ago, and here are the questions I'd ask you.

How far do you want to go with the supercharger? Are you planning to upgrade headers? Oil pump? Smaller pulley for the supercharger?

You are going to hit the limits of the Roush first. The Whipple is bigger and louder. I went with the Roush. It's already blown two exhaust manifolds and one cat, so I'm in the process of full headers, oil pump, etc. So while I'm at it, smaller pulley! In hindsight, since I'm beefing stuff up, I kinda wish I'd gone with the Whipple. However the Roush is great, and a huge difference. Either way, I'd recommend the upgraded throttle body. I've also added the big AFFCO heat exchanger with fans.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple.

IF you do the roush,
DO NOT USE their tune.

Opt out! Have it tuned on a dyno local to you.

Actually
Don’t use the whipple tune either