Roush Tune Needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjgaumer

Reaction score
Had the truck flashed at ford and they over wrote the roush tune. Anyone with HP tuners have any sort of tune file for a Roush stage 2 supercharger?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@rjgaumer

The Roush Tune is encrypted and would have warned the Tech with a big red screen saying so.
Why did they flash the PCM in the first place?
They should have known that flashing the PCM to do the update tor the Trans TSB does nothing if the customer is only going to flash his Tune back on again.
They should have told you that as well, not just take your money.

What is Roush saying?
I'm sure they are going to charge you for reflashing the PCM plus you need to send the PCM to them.

If I were you, I would get the SCT X4 and get a Tune.
This way you can backup and save your Tunes.

The JDM Tune for the Roush SC seems to be the number one Tune according to all the feedback on this forum.
Much better shifting and more HP
You may want to seriously consider using the JDM Tune.

@JimIII@JDM

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For whatever reason I cant post HPT files to this forum, take a look here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?77061-2014-Ford-Raptor-6-2-Fuel-Source-OL-Stoich this is the stock tune for a whipple truck but it will give you a base point. There is also a whipple tune for 6.2l in the repository, it is for a Harley truck but you can download and do a compare to see what needs changed for the engine management. You can dial in your airflows and modify whatever you need to get it straight. It shouldn't be very difficult since both use the stock throttle body and air calculations. A truck tuned by you with HPtuners will drive just as well as or better than any mail order tune, you will be able to dial everything in to your particular vehicle in it's environment.

If you get hung up: its a copperhead ECM, same thing as the mustang, strategies are very similar. There is a ton of info out there on these. The trouble with the Roush tune and the reason you are having a hard time getting ahold of it on either forum is that they use their own strategy, whipple uses standard ford strategy so it is a more friendly tune to work from. You also won't have to worry about Ford overwriting your stuff any more because, unlike an SCT where you will have to have a new strategy variant written by your tuner you can just write your most recent iteration and be on the road again.

I am working on getting you a tune from a stage 2 Roush truck, I have permission from the owner but it wont be until after the virus cools down.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For whatever reason I cant post HPT files to this forum, take a look here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?77061-2014-Ford-Raptor-6-2-Fuel-Source-OL-Stoich this is the stock tune for a whipple truck but it will give you a base point. There is also a whipple tune for 6.2l in the repository, it is for a Harley truck but you can download and do a compare to see what needs changed for the engine management. You can dial in your airflows and modify whatever you need to get it straight. It shouldn't be very difficult since both use the stock throttle body and air calculations. A truck tuned by you with HPtuners will drive just as well as or better than any mail order tune, you will be able to dial everything in to your particular vehicle in it's environment.

If you get hung up: its a copperhead ECM, same thing as the mustang, strategies are very similar. There is a ton of info out there on these. The trouble with the Roush tune and the reason you are having a hard time getting ahold of it on either forum is that they use their own strategy, whipple uses standard ford strategy so it is a more friendly tune to work from. You also won't have to worry about Ford overwriting your stuff any more because, unlike an SCT where you will have to have a new strategy variant written by your tuner you can just write your most recent iteration and be on the road again.

I am working on getting you a tune from a stage 2 Roush truck, I have permission from the owner but it wont be until after the virus cools down.
The Roush Tune (from Roush) is still encrypted just like the highly encrypted Whipple Tune used to be.
No Tuner can edit and save those files, HP Tuners can generate info on the Tune but that's it.
Luckily for us Whipple switched to the SCT format towards the end of 2012.
After that, Tunes for the Roush in the SCT format came out.

The link you supplied with that Tune is not working for the member and HP support confirms this.

Just to point out Shelby uses the Whipple Tune.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Roush Tune (from Roush) is still highly encrypted just like the Whipple Tune used to be. No Tuner can read those files.
Luckily for us Whipple switched to the SCT format towards the end of 2012.
After that, Tunes for the Roush in the SCT format came out.

The link you supplied with that Tune is not working for the member and HP support confirms this.

Just to point out Shelby uses the Whipple Tune.

@MTF This is the second time in a week you have tried to push me aside regarding HPtuners, which you have no experience with and I actively use. I will not be baited into any more arguments with you. Please stop forcing your immense "expertise" with HPTuners down the forums throat, you have no idea what it is capable of, what encryptions have been cracked, you are not a user, or a tuner. You don't have the first clue where I am offering to source a tune from. Just because you don't know how to do something DOES NOT mean it cannot be done. And no shit shelby uses whipple tunes, they use their blower who else's tune would they use.

You are doing nothing to help the OP. Telling people something cannot be done is not helpful, helping them get the job done is. The OP asked for help with HPtuners, not to be told to spend a bunch of money on another programmer and a tune to go with it. Whatever grudge it is you have with HPtuners does not give you a right to **** up other peoples chances to work with it. Your high post count doesn't make you an expert in every field.

OP, when you need help just send me a PM. I am tired of my posts getting steam rolled.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@MTF This is the second time in a week you have tried to push me aside regarding HPtuners, which you have no experience with and I actively use. I will not be baited into any more arguments with you. Please stop forcing your immense "expertise" with HPTuners down the forums throat, you have no idea what it is capable of, what encryptions have been cracked, you are not a user, or a tuner. You don't have the first clue where I am offering to source a tune from. Just because you don't know how to do something DOES NOT mean it cannot be done. And no shit shelby uses whipple tunes, they use their blower who else's tune would they use.

You are doing nothing to help the OP. Telling people something cannot be done is not helpful, helping them get the job done is. The OP asked for help with HPtuners, not to be told to spend a bunch of money on another programmer and a tune to go with it. Whatever grudge it is you have with HPtuners does not give you a right to **** up other peoples chances to work with it. Your high post count doesn't make you an expert in every field.

OP, when you need help just send me a PM. I am tired of my posts getting steam rolled.

Dude, I'm not trying to start any argument, I welcome your input.
I do tend to be not so diplomatic when debating and certainly didn't mean to imply anything.

I told you that I am willing to give HP Tuners another try but it still seems a working Tune for me is not available.

I have nothing against HP Tuner, I don't understand your accusations!

I never once said that it cannot be done!
I said when I tried 6 years ago there were no working HP Tunes for Supercharged Raptors.

Before I spend money on the VCM suite and credits, I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time and money.
Six years ago my friend let me use his VCM Suite, he no longer has that.
I spent weeks learning how to use HP Tuners with the help of my friends.

And all I said was that Tune file you posted wasn't working for that member, I hope you find something that will.
Searching for Tune files on the HP forum doesn't come up with a lot of results.

I hope the Tune from your friend will work for @rjgaumer.

When I was at Krazy House Customs this winter, their Tuner pulled my SCT Tune File onto his laptop using the VCM suite, we quickly looked at a few things.
When things come back to normal with this virus he will try to see if he can get something going.

I'm sorry about that Shelby comment, I saw someone somewhere saying that the Roush and Shelby doesn't use the standard Ford strategy, which is not true.
Roush and Shelby (Whipple) Tunes are just highly encrypted using Ford's software, not the SCT Tunes though, they are just locked.
And locked SCT tunes are easily circumnavigated by true tuner.

So you can stop getting your ******* all up in a bunch.

Last edited:

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@rjgaumer

The Roush Tune is encrypted and would have warned the Tech with a big red screen saying so.
Why did they flash the PCM in the first place?
They should have known that flashing the PCM to do the update tor the Trans TSB does nothing if the customer is only going to flash his Tune back on again.
They should have told you that as well, not just take your money.

What is Roush saying?
I'm sure they are going to charge you for reflashing the PCM plus you need to send the PCM to them.

If I were you, I would get the SCT X4 and get a Tune.
This way you can backup and save your Tunes.

The JDM Tune for the Roush SC seems to be the number one Tune according to all the feedback on this forum.
Much better shifting and more HP
You may want to seriously consider using the JDM Tune.

@JimIII@JDM

I know and worked with Jim at JDM for years. Good guys. You can’t go wrong there.

Landon T

Reaction score
I have a Roush stage 2 kit, bought the JDM tune and a SCT handheld from them Great service start to finish and well worth the cost to get a better performance, highly driveable tune.