Roush serpentine belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddog2

Reaction score
Well it fit by sliding the belt on the waterpump last, and was able to get it back home, picking up the new tensioner today, yup the Napa green belt is about $86.00, so a little cheaper than the Roush belt, but I think its gonna be better than the Roush belt.

F25073

Reaction score
Unrelated.....I just broke the casing where my 1/2 breaker bar inserts into the tensioner. Any tricks to getting the belt off now that its broke without having to cut the belt?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unrelated.....I just broke the casing where my 1/2 breaker bar inserts into the tensioner. Any tricks to getting the belt off now that its broke without having to cut the belt?
Try slipping it off the water pump pulley while using a bar, pipe or 2x4 to push down on the tensioner.

Shrugy

Reaction score
I just replaced my belt which was the (Part# K061251 Gates Century Series Micro-V - V-Ribbed Belt) on my Roush Stage 2 Supercharged Raptor.

I found the easiest way to get this belt over the alternator was to remove the 3 bolts holding the alternator in, put the belt on it (you'll likely need 2 people with 2 person holding the tensioner down)

I was able to wiggle the belt on the alternator easily once I had it disconnected and shimmy it into place and then bolt it up as the last step.

This project was a pain in the butt because the gates belt is a little shorter than the roush belt but it worked perfectly fine!

KENNEDY Ridley

Reaction score
Help had my belt tensioner bearing come apart on the way to the beach. Had to get it towed to the Ford dealer in Dothan,AL on Sunday. Then the super nice tow truck driver took me to the airport so I could get a rental. Can I get this somewhere or is it a whipple part only.

Attachments

• 20220821_111533.jpg
    20220821_111533.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220821_111706.jpg
    20220821_111706.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 9

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can use any standard Ford idler on there that is the same diameter/width. Close to the same diameter would work due to the belt tensioner taking up any diference as well. The stamped steel Ford pullies fail after time though, so I'd only run them short term.

I'd recommend getting a set of Metco's double bearing hard anodized idler pulleys- they have the best ones available. You can get them in various diameters, widths, and with or without flanges.

KENNEDY Ridley

Reaction score
I am hoping the Ford dealer will help me out. I am 2 hrs away from the dealership at the beach. My local parts guy says it looks like a pretty common bearing. We would overnight one from Whipple if possible if it comes to that. Thanks for the reply

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That blower is putting around 50-75 HP load on the belt at full tilt, that's why stock stamped steel idlers and most aftermarket aluminum idlers fail. The stamped steel Ford idlers mushroom and chunk out pieces. Aftermarket aluminum ones are better, but most are not hard coat anodized, so they also fail in time.

Metco is the only compnay I know of that makes hard coat anodized idlers for Fords. If you call them and tell them what you have, they should be able to hook you up with all the smooth idlers and a grooved tensioner pulley as well. Measure the diameter of each pulley and width of the belt surface.