Roush serpentine belt

Reddog2

Reaction score
Well it fit by sliding the belt on the waterpump last, and was able to get it back home, picking up the new tensioner today, yup the Napa green belt is about $86.00, so a little cheaper than the Roush belt, but I think its gonna be better than the Roush belt.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suggest getting the racing one from Rockauto, it's only $61 and better than the HD green.

F25073

Reaction score
Unrelated.....I just broke the casing where my 1/2 breaker bar inserts into the tensioner. Any tricks to getting the belt off now that its broke without having to cut the belt?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unrelated.....I just broke the casing where my 1/2 breaker bar inserts into the tensioner. Any tricks to getting the belt off now that its broke without having to cut the belt?
Try slipping it off the water pump pulley while using a bar, pipe or 2x4 to push down on the tensioner.

Shrugy

Reaction score
I just replaced my belt which was the (Part# K061251 Gates Century Series Micro-V - V-Ribbed Belt) on my Roush Stage 2 Supercharged Raptor.

I found the easiest way to get this belt over the alternator was to remove the 3 bolts holding the alternator in, put the belt on it (you'll likely need 2 people with 2 person holding the tensioner down)

I was able to wiggle the belt on the alternator easily once I had it disconnected and shimmy it into place and then bolt it up as the last step.

This project was a pain in the butt because the gates belt is a little shorter than the roush belt but it worked perfectly fine!