roush SC headers and exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am planning on headers in the near future, I am running a roush supercharger and roush catback right now.. I am looking at the kooks with catted y pipe.
What I am after is do you think the Y pipe would be a good choice or should I go Xpipe with dual for better flow?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
An X pipe will be your best option. Better sound and performance. SW have a really nice setup with their 1 7/8" primaries.

Are you looking to stick with the Roush exhaust?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An X pipe will be your best option. Better sound and performance. SW have a really nice setup with their 1 7/8" primaries.

Are you looking to stick with the Roush exhaust?

I ordered the kooks with just a Y pipe... I will upgrade to an x pipe and probably corsa or borla in the future.
my exhaust guy said when I order an x pipe he could cut the cats out of the y pipe and weld them into the offroad x..

decoste77

Reaction score
be prepared for loud and horrible drone I'm gonna try the full Kooks dual exhaust SVC just did the Kooks dual and long tubes with the whipple and jeff was surprised with how quiet it was and how good it sounded also complimented on the quality.

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be prepared for loud and horrible drone I'm gonna try the full Kooks dual exhaust SVC just did the Kooks dual and long tubes with the whipple and jeff was surprised with how quiet it was and how good it sounded also complimented on the quality.

Its just a weekend warrior anyway im not to worried.. but do you have any video of this set up your talking about. cause if the drone is really that bad I will consider the kooks cat back

decoste77

Reaction score
No I don't have any videos but there is a couple on YouTube Maryland speed had the best price for the exhaust.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered the kooks with just a Y pipe... I will upgrade to an x pipe and probably corsa or borla in the future.

my exhaust guy said when I order an x pipe he could cut the cats out of the y pipe and weld them into the offroad x..

Your cats should be on your leads which will join up at the passenger side where you can attach the y pipe or x pipe.

freedommotorsports.us

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP

6.2Canadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I understand that but can I run single Roush exhaust with an x pipe ?

You could but you'd have to have a custom y pipe made for the muffler.

I forgot the kooks headers do not include the cats like SW. Personally, if you want the kooks headers and roush exhaust I would just stick with the y pipe.

freedommotorsports.us

FreedomLogo.jpg