Roush s/c low power on dyno

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by RubyRedRaptor, Feb 12, 2016.

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
  1. JimIII@JDM

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Dyno in use we are not familiar with for power numbers. Most of our vehicles from overseas we also leave with a more mild timing curve due to difference in fuel quality. This it to keep your motor safe. I don't know how much power the truck would make on a Dyno jet like we use here but a rough estimate would be about 450 RWHP. 500 RWHP is on our 93 octane tune up. I don't think you received that being over seas. With a tune like your's you would have 2-3 degrees less timing resulting in less power. If you have confirmation of good fuel quality then we can adjust the tune for more power.

Was the Air fuel ratio measured on the dyno? Log timing and see what your hitting at WOT.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Just read your tune sheet you filled out and saw your note "Looking for a safe tune that wont ping in hot weather (Australian climate)"

So I'm sure you have a very mild timing curve. Not 370 RWHP worth though, that's due to the dyno being used. Your probably around 450 RWHP like I expected.

2. HAP

HAP Full Access Member

MTF, any recommendations on the adaptor and app for the performance info?
    Thanks,
    HAP

3. MTF

MTF FRF Addict

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. HAP

HAP Full Access Member

Thanks MTF!
    Just ordered the WiFi dongle for iPhone.

I really appreciate your time and recommendations.

R,
    HAP

5. RubyRedRaptor

RubyRedRaptor Member

Well I dug deep into the nether regions behind the supercharger where no mans hand is meant to go.
    I found the bypass line felt like it was pinched behind another hose and firewall
    I freed it up, so hopefully that's was the cause. It would limit the vacuum being able to close the bypass fully.
    It feels snappier now with boost coming on at a smaller touch of throttle.
    I'm not sure if this will give me the figures on the top end I'm looking for but at least I found something wrong

Zeke555 likes this.