Roush heat exchanger coolant tank fill level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j2k

Reaction score
Searched and couldn't find anything definitive on this..... the Roush heat exchanger coolant tank on my 2014 Screw looks low and I don't see any fill level indicators on the reservoir itself. I found the below information on Roushperformance.com for SC'd F150's. I assume this is applicable for topping off a Raptor as well? Can anyone confirm?

Intercooler Coolant Fill Procedure

Your ROUSH® F-150 is equipped with a single-core, air-to-water intercooler system with an electric water pump. This provides a cooler air charge to the cylinders, allowing your engine to develop more power.

1) Add coolant until it is one inch (2.54 cm) from the top of the intercooler reservoir bottle.
2) Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position to turn on the intercooler pump and purge any trapped air in the
system. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the reservoir stays at the full mark.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the same for the Whipple,
but I only fill it when it's cold and I fill it to the top, for me it's the only way to make sure you don't have trapped air bubbles in the system.
Any excess will drip out the over flow tube, just not sure if Roush has the same kind/type of cap and reservoir system Whipple has.

Whipple recommends:
And I do use one bottle of Red Line Water Wetter and 2 gallons Ford's Gold 50/50 antifreeze.
This gives the best heat transfer from the intercooler to heat exchanger.

Ford Gold Antifreeze.jpg Red Line Water Wetter.jpg

Last edited: