Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Roush Exhaust!

Discussion in 'ROUSH Performance' started by festusrocks2001, Mar 10, 2012.

1. justvettn

justvettn FRF Addict

Well I wont cut up my factory resonator so the search continues for a proper exhaust system.

2. 408RCLB

408RCLB Full Access Member

damn, I wish it was 3.5" so it matches the factory size of the raptors exhaust...

MBRP's goes all the way and bolts up... :hidesbehindsofa:

3. willis68

willis68 Full Access Member

I thought the same as you about the size, but it sounds and looks so damn good trust me the size will not be an issue for you. It is just amazing how aggressive this exhaust sounds and there is absolutely NO drone, I could care less about losing my resonator I let my dealership who installed it keep my factory exhaust as I will never want it back on my truck

I took it offload yesterday and had absolutely no issues with the exhaust tips hitting my bumper, they sit up so high I do not foresee that being an issue unless you use the truck for rock climbing, and if it ever does I would rather the bumper be smashed against the exhaust than the quarter panel anyway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  4. 408RCLB

408RCLB Full Access Member

it does sound really good, dont get me wrong, but id like to keep it all the same diameter cuz im ocd :crazy:
    and I really aint feelin the ram SRT10 style exit... :supergay: I think mbrp's turndown is gunna be the route for me :waytogo:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  5. JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz FRF Addict

unless its changed im about 95% sure its 3" on the raptor. atleast doing all my research and stuff, everyone says to get 3", like for the cut-outs n stuff. the exhaust tips are 3.5". someone correct me if im wrong please.

6. kawie95

kawie95 Full Access Member

Agreed, What is best for clearance while offroading? I dont like where they are at stock, it would be worse to have them out in back while climbing steep hills (already scrape the hitch)

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

That is a good point.

7. NickPic83

NickPic83 FRF Addict

the stock exhaust is 3" then after the oem muffler its 2.5".

my turndown setup is 3" right from where the resonator was to a small borla muffler then right at the back of the muffler is the turndown.

i can not find an exhaust exit that i like. i kinda like the lightning styl but not sold on it. i did my whole exhaust for less than $300 parts and labor. and it sounds awesome

the roush and the mbrp both sound great tho!

8. BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN Birdministrator Staff Member Admin

the stock Raptor exhaust is <3" in and dual 2.5" out

9. justvettn

justvettn FRF Addict

MBRP'S does bolt up but they have a resonator and muffler, I am trying to delete the resonator not replace it.

10. crzyrobb

crzyrobb Full Access Member

Just ordered my exhaust and CAI last night. I know I can do the CAI in my garage but would like to know realistically how long it will take to install the exhaust. I will be probably be doing this job solo. Also what tools did you need that you figured out as the build went along? Should have everything on before the weekend.