Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Roush engine failure

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by Blackhawk901, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Killjoy

Killjoy Member

FYI - We blew an engine last year and Peoria Ford out of Phoenix really did a great job on the new crate motor and reinstalled the Whipple Supercharger I had on it since practically new. At 98k miles it finally threw a rod but we are pretty hard on our truck for offroading so it wasn't without some expectation that it may fail.

Richard is the Parts Manager at that Ford dealership and they do many custom Raptors so I was able to do the new engine swap for around $10k and it's been great ever since. I'd recommend a trip down there if you are serious about getting it replaced. ;)

ROCKETW19 likes this.
  2. Killjoy

Killjoy Member

oh and then i just saw this on facebook... maybe join the group and see if you can snag this

[​IMG]

COBRA90GT and Spectragod like this.
  3. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Full Access Member

^ Problem solved !

4. Blackhawk901

Blackhawk901 Member

Thank you all for your help and insight. The dealer came down on labor and will install new oil pump gears to avoid this from happening. I have a previous custom tune from a session done last year and hopefully this engine failure will not effect the supercharger. I had not thought about that aspect of the rebuild. In retrospect, I would have just done it with some buddies but already had it towed to the dealership to start the work. :( :mad:

MTF likes this.
  5. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

New oil pump gears or upgraded? Very important. Do NOT just install OEM gears!

6. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

The blower should be fine. Might want to get the intercooler cleaned while it's out though, it's probably covered in oil from the PCV system.