Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There was no error codes and nothing that can be fixed on it by the dealership

That’s a stealership propagated urban myth. When your CV boot or cv joint goes bad, does it throw a code? When your moon roof track breaks, does it throw a code? When your cam phasers go, 95% of the time - no code.

Any stealership service department telling you, basically, ‘no code, no problem’ is not only lying to you, they’re exhibiting poor customer service.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a stealership propagated urban myth. When your CV boot or cv joint goes bad, does it throw a code? When your moon roof track breaks, does it throw a code? When your cam phasers go, 95% of the time - no code.

Any stealership service department telling you, basically, ‘no code, no problem’ is not only lying to you, they’re exhibiting poor customer service.

No easy money to made here. Warranty or customer pay. Diagnosing the non obvious takes time and the meanwhile that tech has a an alternator job waiting for a quick 800 bucks.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to the dealership today and was told by a few people working in service that a “rough” ride is normal for a Raptor as it has stiffer suspension tuned for off road specifically. When I had it in the dirt the other day in Baja mode it floated over anything it was great. It almost felt a little soft in the rear in the dirt. The concrete freeways here in SoCal are just junk. There was no error codes and nothing that can be fixed on it by the dealership
man... how is is it dealers are so frickin lame

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in LA and have a 19 and noticed it’s significantly harder than the 18 was. I know the live shocks are suppose to be an upgrade but I really liked the 18’s ride. My wife even noticed the difference without me saying anything.

OP
OP
R

RexusRaptor

Reaction score
I live in LA and have a 19 and noticed it’s significantly harder than the 18 was. I know the live shocks are suppose to be an upgrade but I really liked the 18’s ride. My wife even noticed the difference without me saying anything.

Mine is to the point where its uncomfortable to drive. I think there is something that is causing a fault that is making the shocks lock at full stiffness. I think it might be time to go back to the stealership.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 19s are firmer around town than the 18s. Way better off road too. I’ll be interested to hear how this goes for the op. Interesting

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been around performance vehicles my whole life. This truck floats like an old Lincoln on the street. I think it’s very smooth riding. But I heard 17-18’s were a little softer than 19-20’s live valve.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 18s were softer. They also had poorer on road handling. Leaning in corners , dipping when braking. Took me a while to appreciate the 19.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know my '20 rides like a nice luxury car. It's on the firm side, but it swallows the roughness of our crappy roads here amazingly well and corners very flat. I had a good friend and his wife out for a long ride on back roads and she commented several times about how good the ride is and how quiet it is. I wonder if they made some software changes?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the ride of my 2020 is firmer than my 2017 it's barely noticeable. I can't really tell any difference.