Rough idle with auto start/stop disabled and A/C on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJOcean

Reaction score
I've got a new ‘19 less than 1k miles and have noticed a similar issue. Searched on here first before talking to dealer. Mine is very specific and repeatable.

Situation: When driving and I come to a stop, I can feel the rough idle in the seat as soon as truck is at complete stop. Happens every time regardless of engine stop setting, brake pressure, mode, etc. I am in Atlanta, so AC is always on right now. I can't hear it, just feel it in the seat. RPMs are right at 500 when I stop. About 3 seconds after stop, RPMs bump up to about 600 on their own and rough idle disappears. No engine/forscan mods on truck yet and no work done by dealer - straight from factory "feature".

Sounds like others are experiencing this as well. Did anybody get a successful resolution to this?

rcadd1ct

Reaction score
I've got a new ‘19 less than 1k miles and have noticed a similar issue. Searched on here first before talking to dealer. Mine is very specific and repeatable.

Situation: When driving and I come to a stop, I can feel the rough idle in the seat as soon as truck is at complete stop. Happens every time regardless of engine stop setting, brake pressure, mode, etc. I am in Atlanta, so AC is always on right now. I can't hear it, just feel it in the seat. RPMs are right at 500 when I stop. About 3 seconds after stop, RPMs bump up to about 600 on their own and rough idle disappears. No engine/forscan mods on truck yet and no work done by dealer - straight from factory "feature".

Sounds like others are experiencing this as well. Did anybody get a successful resolution to this?

Seat coolers on?

I have not heard of anyone who has gotten it fixed.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has rough idle. Backing in garage, rpms fluctuate. Almost hit the wall numerous times cycling the brakes.

rcadd1ct

Reaction score
Yes, seat coolers and AC always on in ATL in the summer.

Same here in Texas.

Mine just started acting weird again stopped doing it when the dealer did an intake cleaning. Back after 7k miles.

Thinking I will swap plugs. I am at 28k now.

JJOcean

Reaction score
Same here in Texas.

Mine just started acting weird again stopped doing it when the dealer did an intake cleaning. Back after 7k miles.

Thinking I will swap plugs. I am at 28k now.

Thanks for the feedback. With only 800 miles on the ODO, none of those items should be impacting my truck though. Feels l like software adjustment needs to be made to keep the RPMs up higher at initial stop ... or at least better compensate the RPMs for additional draw of AC, etc..

Curious if any of the folks with MPT or Cobb tunes are experiencing this?

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have something very similar. Can’t see it in the tach but feel it occasionally thru the wheel or seat. Super annoying. I’m running Cobb Stage 2 and was going to uninstall and see if it was still there... need to go in for an oil change anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Txfoster

Reaction score
My wifes is doing same thing. Has 8k on odometer just started doing about 4 weeks ago. It seems to have more of a dead miss. Seems to stumble and if it's doing it and then you give it gas it hesitates a little.
Oh and the rear leaf springs all the sudden started squeaking. That seems to be just as annoying!

PlaynCA

Reaction score
A little over 1k on the odometer... no change in the RPM as far as I know, but can feel a slight vibration and can see the vacuum gauge twitch a little at a stop. I was assuming mine was related to air fuel ratio cycling for emissions control . Will pay more attention now.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested mine again tonight.. goes away when AC and seat coolers are turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro