Rough idle in drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol the test drive. It isn’t horrible. No weird sounds. Just a little more vibration at idle than I got from my Gen2. Mainly at 500rpm. 600rpm feels fine.
500rpm seems like a really low idle in general and most cars with vibrate at that low rpm. Should be closer to 7-800 usually. Quick search shows a bunch of gen2s had the low idle issues as well.

nuke3479

Reaction score
Mine idles that low and I hate it. Lots of time i downshift to get RPMs up while I am driving because it wants to cruise city streets at that low RPM as well. This is my biggest complaint so far.

BeAUnique1

Reaction score
I've got about 700 miles on my new raptor. I noticed this right after refueling recently. When in drive and stopped, the engine has started to idle noticeably rougher. If i shift into neutral or park it goes away. Anyone else noticed this or have any ideas?
Check if a Ford Recall visit could solve the problems.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this problem also. Low idle, around 500 RPM, and a slight shudder when stopped in Drive. Still on the first tank of gas but I noticed it right away.

It's the same feeling as in my old Tacoma with the A/C running at idle. Kind of annoying.

OP
OP
ben2k9

ben2k9

Reaction score
I've completely ruled out fuel as the culprit. I'm convinced it's the RPMs. if they could dial it up 100 RPM or so I think the roughness would go away.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed mine dip down to 500 rpms at a light today for 10-15 seconds, then back to 6-700. Didn't feel rough, just felt like it was about to shut off.