Rough Country Fog Lights wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bignose13

Reaction score
Can anyone give me pointers on connecting the wires that come with the lights to the upfitter switches.
Seems like of bunch of extra stuff..

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is the black and power wire directly from the lights. You don’t need the relay, fuse, or switch. All that is addressed with upfitter switches. Power red to one upfitter wire. Black wire to ground on fire wall and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanRoss93

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question. I bought the Rough Country fog lights second hand off a dude. He combined all the black wires into one and all the blue wires into one, and finally all the white's into one. What would you guys connect to the factory wires? Blues to the green/white? Then the the white to the brown/blue?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question. I bought the Rough Country fog lights second hand off a dude. He combined all the black wires into one and all the blue wires into one, and finally all the white's into one. What would you guys connect to the factory wires? Blues to the green/white? Then the the white to the brown/blue?

This probably deserves its own thread. Need more information here. What model lights are they, what is the current draw of them per light and how many are you combining together?

Which up fitter are you connecting to? You may need a relay depending on which one selected.
Generally, the black wire needs a good chassis ground, and red to switched power, aka the up fitter. But, if your proposed current draw is 80% or more of the rating of the up fitter, a relay should be used and a home run to the battery done. There are numerous examples on here.