Rough Country 3 Inch Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
So my favorite local accessory shop has a pretty good deal going on with the Rough Country 3 Inch Wide Angle OSRAM LED Lights, and I'm seriously thinking about putting three of these in each opening of the bumper (so three pairs). My brother has these on his Chevy Colorado and he seems to really like them, but I thought I'd check to see if anybody here had any opinions on them?

https://www.roughcountry.com/3-inch-led-wide-angle-lights-70904.html 3in-wide-angle-70904.jpg 3in-wide-angle-70904-base.jpg

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'd be nice to see pictures of the fitment in the bumper openings. Seem the A pillar shots are all they provide.

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
It'd be nice to see pictures of the fitment in the bumper openings. Seem the A pillar shots are all they provide.

That was kind of what I was thinking too. All I've seen is on my brothers truck (pick below). Not exactly what we're after for an example, but it's all I've got for now.
IMG_7123.jpg

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the RC lights that came with the bumper bracket and three lights $299.00. I wanted one to work as a fog light. I found that the Rigid amber lens cover ($9.00) fits perfectly over the RC lights. I'm guessing the RC lights might be an unmarked Rigid.

20200525_143937.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rough Country are just that, cheap lights. The quality is not great at all. A lot of folks have had issues with water getting in BUT for $300 you get a full fog light set. But again, you're only spending $300 sooooo think about that. You kind of get what you pay for.

We always tell folks this. You invested a LOT of money when you bought a Raptor, so why cheap out on lights?

I'd recommend Baja Designs or Rigid Industries lights. Those 2 brands are known for having being of the highest quality in the lighting world.

You'll spend a little bit more BUT you'll get more options. With Baja and Rigid you can pick the pattern you want, whereas with the Rough Country set, well you're getting what you get.

If you're in the market for a fog light setup, check out our kits here. Coupon code FOGS will save you 5% and all of our fog kits include our American Made mounting brackets and our custom-designed wiring harness which makes installation really easy

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...2017-2018-f-150-raptor/triple-fog-light-kits/

OP
OP
04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Rough Country are just that, cheap lights. The quality is not great at all. A lot of folks have had issues with water getting in BUT for $300 you get a full fog light set. But again, you're only spending $300 sooooo think about that. You kind of get what you pay for.

We always tell folks this. You invested a LOT of money when you bought a Raptor, so why cheap out on lights?

I'd recommend Baja Designs or Rigid Industries lights. Those 2 brands are known for having being of the highest quality in the lighting world.

You'll spend a little bit more BUT you'll get more options. With Baja and Rigid you can pick the pattern you want, whereas with the Rough Country set, well you're getting what you get.

If you're in the market for a fog light setup, check out our kits here. Coupon code FOGS will save you 5% and all of our fog kits include our American Made mounting brackets and our custom-designed wiring harness which makes installation really easy

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...2017-2018-f-150-raptor/triple-fog-light-kits/

I appreciate the response. I’m not worried about a “fog” light (unless that’s what they are called) I want the most distance possible. That said, I don’t want to spend thousands either. Bang for buck, what do you recommend for the most light?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You won't get much distance from Rough Country Lights. You don't need to spend thousands, you can get a killer set for about $800 or so.

If you want distance you should do Spots and Driving/Combo from Baja... for example this setup gives you a really nice setup... you get S2 Wide Cornering, for regular use, then some Driving/Combo to light up the road and then a set of Spots to throw light down range:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-pro/

It's $1,039 but if you use coupon code FOGS you save some $$

OR do a build your own with the following setup

Now, you can downgrade the Pros to Sports and save some cash while still getting some light that'll go down range

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights-sportsmen/

$729 starting price (again use coupon code FOGS)

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess all other brands are junk when you're selling overpriced LED lights. Sorry, I cut into your profit! Unless you're racing Baja for money, it's ridiculous to spend $800 to $1200 on six lights.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the price, Rough Country offers a great setup. A complete triple fog light kit with wiring, mounting brackets and hardware starting at $299.95. If you want to step it up, Rough Country just introduced their new backlit series lights for $349.95. We've been a Rough Country dealer for years and will continue to offer their lighting kits. All of their lights are backed by a 3 year warranty and again, for the price point they are hard to beat. If you're wanting CRAZY bright and lifetime warranty, look towards Baja Designs or Rigid. But you will definitely spend more to get it.

If there's anything we can do to assist, don't hesitate to reach out. We even stock quite a few Rough Country lights.

PH ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Web ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Here's Rough Country's new amber backlit series LED fog light kit:

Amber Backlighting On

b9Tx5we.jpg

Main White Fog Light

mvCsuR1.jpg