Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
what pads do you run with yours? i can get my wagners replaced for free....so if i go with new rotors...ill get a new set of pads for no cost....
I use the pads that came with the PowerStop kits. No noise, no vibration, never had a cracked rotor. Carbon pads. Can't speak for anyone else, I have never had a problem with them. I currently have them on 3 vehicles.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info!!! I know some people have opinions or different experiences so I like hearing others points ....usually lol

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While this topic is live...

Any tricks to doin the rotors/pads? I just got my slotted ones in

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
While this topic is live...

Any tricks to doin the rotors/pads? I just got my slotted ones in
Easy peasy.....in theory. Just jack well, use plenty of jack stands, BE CAREFUL. Only problem I encountered was getting old rotors off and two nuts on calipers. Had to use small hand sledge on two old rotors that were seized on there somehow. Couple of good whacks from behind and they popped right off. Had to use WD-40 on two caliper bolts/nuts and let sit for several hours then use 24" breaker bar to get those suckers off.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy peasy.....in theory. Just jack well, use plenty of jack stands, BE CAREFUL. Only problem I encountered was getting old rotors off and two nuts on calipers. Had to use small hand sledge on two old rotors that were seized on there somehow. Couple of good whacks from behind and they popped right off. Had to use WD-40 on two caliper bolts/nuts and let sit for several hours then use 24" breaker bar to get those suckers off.
Roger that...

I suppose I will get a 3+ Ton jack correct?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Roger that...

I suppose I will get a 3+ Ton jack correct?
That should do. Only problem is lift height. I had to put jack up on a pair of side-by-side 4x4's (with two more on top???)....can't remember. Gotta make sure that thing is STABLE, use jack stands as safety precaution (I used 4), and DON'T crawl under vehicle. Jacked and worked ONLY one wheel at a time.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point, I do have quite a few 2x4s laying around the ranch.

I need to ensure that my dewalt 20v can do the trick on these lugs... and I have a lug key also. Hope I dont strip these sons of witches.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Good point, I do have quite a few 2x4s laying around the ranch.

I need to ensure that my dewalt 20v can do the trick on these lugs... and I have a lug key also. Hope I dont strip these sons of witches.
Ummmm.....that was 4x4's.....

And loosen lug nuts before jacking (obviously!).... Just don't want to see anyone hurt.