Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drilled and slotted rotors ,are these a good option for raptors. Powerstop is what I was looking at, I use Wagner pads

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive always ran drilled and slotted rotors. I plan to get some drilled and slotted or at least drilled when I do brakes on mine. I've had good service from rotorpros

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No on any slotted/drilled BS and no to Powerstop.

Centric rotors are better for the money IMO.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I don't like drilled rotors on bigger vehicles. Have seen crackes between the holes. Slots or dimples are ok. Seen other members have good experiences with EBC pads.

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
running drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads myself and I get the annoying squeaking under light braking, but nothing but great stopping power under heavy breaking. I may switch to a different pad combo (wagner) if you don't get the squeak.
i have 0 issues with the wagners...wonder it hat will change with drilled and slotted though

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have PowerStop drilled and slotted on all of my vehicles, never had a problem. I think there's pics on here of my Raptor brake job somewhere.
what pads do you run with yours? i can get my wagners replaced for free....so if i go with new rotors...ill get a new set of pads for no cost....

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No on any slotted/drilled BS and no to Powerstop.

Centric rotors are better for the money IMO.
any particular reason? Bozz said he runs them with 0 issues. just curious on your reason.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slotted/drilled? More noise, more vibration, more likely to crack rotors, more likely to damage pads. Less thermal mass in the rotor and they cost more. It could be argued for days, and alredy has on dozens on internet message boards.

The original intent of drilling/slotting rotors was allowing outgassing from the pads to have an escape instead of "floating" the pads. If you are getting your Wagners warrantied, I highly doubt you are drving your Raptor so hard that you are out gassing modern brake pads. That's some 10/10ths race track stuff, and it pretty much not an issue anyways due to improvement in pad compunds and how they are made.

Nowadays rotors are drilled/slotted for looks on things like an F150 Raptor, because racetruck. You'll also see it done on the newest sport cars with massive iron rotors. They are massive to get more mechanical advantage from the large diameter (moment arm), and therefore the thermal mass is actually more than needed. They know they will crack from the holes, but they really don't care since it's a $100K sports car, so they go ahead and drill them to lighten them up and make it look more racecar.

As for Powerstop? I've not been impressed with any of their stuff I've seen, and I've seen them drop the ball repeatedly on shipping the right part. You can get house brands at the parts stores for less, which are likely the same parts. They can market very effectively though, I'll give them that.

We have a local parts supplier that supplies about half of the indpenedant mechanics around here use. Independant mechanics want parts that are cheap, but not so cheap that they get comebacks. I know the guys at the parts store well- one of my friends manages all of the stores. They will tell me "hey I'd avoid this one, too many returns lately. (That was Raybestos BTW) I'd recommend this- we sell a bunch and have no comebacks reported from the shops" Currently they recommend Centric. You can get them in a coated version so the hats don't rust. I buy what the mechanics buy. They do this shit everyday. They don't buy Powerstop parts.