Rotating Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I put 2 jack stands under the skidplate for the front diff thing, then 2 under the rear axle. Works pretty good. I feel fine taking it to a shop and having it done, but I stand right by my truck the whole time and watch. Most places just hit the wheels with the impact wrench and never torque them right.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
JDOwens and MadCow...

Manual says jack on frame rail only.

No front or rear differential.
No control arms.

I'm suprised to hear now and then some people out there do still read the owners manual. I say using a two post lift yes then use all four corners of the frame to properly lift the vehicle. Has anyone actually used the factory supplied jack and tried to change a tire on a raptor using the frame rail. you have to get to the frame first then see if the factory jack can actually lift the tire of the ground for the around 12" of travel before a front tire will leave the floor on top of 12" to get to the frame. So your jack needs to travel about 24" just to get one front tire off the ground. I think I will stick with using the contol arms and rear diff.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the place i go does a complimentary tire rotation with every oil change. i provide the shop with the Ams Oil and sit in the garage with the tech :D. i always tip the tech for giving her the white glove treatment

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI fellas, I rotate my own (imagine that!) every 3K miles using the cross to the rear and bring the rears straight forward as mentioned earlier in the thread and after 29K miles, looks like another 15K is very feasible. Will be very pleased if 45K is attainable with these tires.

FSM

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The dealer rotates mine with the oil change. But, I have moved mine around myself when I detail my truck since the tires are already off. Thats when you realize that a 35" tire, is a big ass tire!

Bails_27

Reaction score
Yeah- I tried my factory jack and it definitely does not go high enough... I called Ford Customer service and they directed me to my dealer. I guess all that R&D does allow for some small oversights, and for the fun factor of the truck I can deal with it. My dealer is dragging their feet on getting me answer, I'm just going to drop the cash on an expensive jack and then drop the bill on their desk... Kind of thought Ford Canada would be grateful for someone identifying a fleet-wide problem but I guess not... Wouldn't want to pay the recovery bill for where my Raptor goes...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Yeah- I tried my factory jack and it definitely does not go high enough... I called Ford Customer service and they directed me to my dealer. I guess all that R&D does allow for some small oversights, and for the fun factor of the truck I can deal with it. My dealer is dragging their feet on getting me answer, I'm just going to drop the cash on an expensive jack and then drop the bill on their desk... Kind of thought Ford Canada would be grateful for someone identifying a fleet-wide problem but I guess not... Wouldn't want to pay the recovery bill for where my Raptor goes...

Welcome, and I've never taken the factory jack out, but know it won't abide by the manual from previous experience!

Mine's a year old, and at the time I was told Advantage in south Calgary was the only dealer licensed to sell Raptors - if you got yours there, see Kendall in the shop and tell him I sent ya - he'll hook you up.

I've got a couple pre-construction meetings in Red Deer Tuesday next week - if you want to go for a tour or grab a beer let me know!

Bails_27

Reaction score
Welcome, and I've never taken the factory jack out, but know it won't abide by the manual from previous experience!

Mine's a year old, and at the time I was told Advantage in south Calgary was the only dealer licensed to sell Raptors - if you got yours there, see Kendall in the shop and tell him I sent ya - he'll hook you up.

I've got a couple pre-construction meetings in Red Deer Tuesday next week - if you want to go for a tour or grab a beer let me know!

Thanks! I ordered mine through Lacombe Ford who ordered it through a US SVT dealer (somewhere in Montana I think). I took delivery of mine May long weekend after ordering February 13th. Well worth the wait. I'd like to meet for a beer, but am at work in Brooks until Thursday. Can't wait for days off, I might roll out to McLean Creek to give her a run... if the boss will let me take it out to play (She sees the price tag and thinks this truck should be babied! LOL)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know where Sherwood Ford is??
They (Mark) are trying to buy, all the Raptors I can find for him/them. Sent two his way so far.

Mark Adamson
Sherwood Ford
Sherwood Park, ALB

randy