Rotating Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My BMW was like that.

Lucky, I just use 12"X12" blocks at all four corners. Well, under the axle and lower A-arms.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
If you want to rotate your own tires I say go for it. Should only take half out. I would put the jack stands under each of the front control arms then put your jack under the center of your rear diff. then when you take off your tires cross the non driving wheels move the driving wheels to the front. have fun torque spec I believe is 148lb-ft

Right here.

As for some of you who cringe at taking it to a dealer, just remember that there are ford techs on here that do things right. I know myself and every other tech I work with rotates in the criss-cross pattern. Saying you can't trust a tech at a dealer is like saying every Raptor is a POS because someone has a clunking sound on theirs. Oh and 1/2" cordless imapcts are great:)

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time in new town I had my FJ's winter set swapped (simple bolt on) by a Tire Factory.

They had so much torque on their impact...they stretched and snapped two of the lug bolts!! They made up some story about hearing there was some defective batch from Toyota. Of course I made them fix them. But I always thought I should have had every lug bolt replaced because who knows how much they stressed the rest of them.

Thank god for forums to vent frustration.

Anyway...I'll probably have Ford dealer or oil shop do mine. If the oil place, I'll be watching and giving specific direction prior.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDOwens and MadCow...

Manual says jack on frame rail only.

No front or rear differential.
No control arms.