Rotating in just one spare tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many do it? I see that 2 spares is done with ease (obviously). After giving away the unused 315 BFG that hung under my truck, I would much rather get my new 5th tire into the rotation. Any schedules better than others? Patterns?

DP

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No more than 8k miles. I usually do mine every other oil change.

Spare to the left rear. Left rear to left front. Right front to the spare. Right rear to right front. Left front to the right rear.

LOL. Man that looks confusing! But it works. Got over 50k miles on my stocks and still had over 40% tread left.......

Last edited:

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine get rotated and aligned ( they are out of alignment every time ) every 5000 miles with the oil change.
Here's how I do the 5 tire rotate
The backs go straight up front (left rear to left front etc)
The fronts cross to the rear (left front to right rear etc)
Then I measure the tire with the least amount of tread, and that is the new spare, Then I take the original spare (which has a TPMS sensor installed) and install that one in place of the tire with the least amount of tread.
Then I program the location of the tires to the computer using the TPMS tool from OTC.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about that, but they went from ko to ko2 in the time I ran the oems originally.