GEN 2 Rotary Polishers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoke35

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also looking at a torq tool. What’s everyone using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The polish and the pad are way more important than the machine IMO. My 15 year old Porter Cable works just fine to move the pad around. Not the quietest or smoothest tool I've used- and if I used it everyday, I would certainly go for something nicer. For a few times a year, it's fine.

Technically, none of the ones people are talking about here are "rotary polishers" either. They are all random orbit polishers. The rotary ones are the pro models used in body shops. I'd recommend a random orbit polisher unless you really plan to cut some paint.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Definitely stick with DA to start. I have the Griots one with a longer cord from Autogeek. It does the job.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely stick with DA to start. I have the Griots one with a longer cord from Autogeek. It does the job.

^^^ what he said. I have the same setup. Gets the job done just fine, and the long cord is nice.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seems this thread was about originally a question about rotary polishes, but some of the posts reference DA polishers, which are not the same type of machine.

Rotary polishers only spin, like a pad on a drill, and are used for heavy cutting, but in general do not finish down to a nice polished surface, and can also leave trails or holograms from the spinning action.

DA or dual-action polishers, sometimes referred to as random orbit, have two movements, spinning, and moving randomly back and forth in an orbit. These polishes can remove heavy defects, but can finish the surface to a high shine due to the random pattern of movement.

For the hobby detailer, and some pros, only a DA polisher is needed. For most hobby detailers, and for all beginners, rotary polishers can be dangerous and lead to damage.

DA polishers can also be used to apply waxes and sealants.

Our Swirl Killer line of polishers are DA, and feature a long-throw, which makes them more effective. Unlike some of the budget priced tools, they are low-vibration.

Our newest addition, the Cordless 15mm Swirl Killer has the benefit of working without the hassle of a power cord.

Our line of polishes and pads are easy to use and very effective, with the bonus of being color-coordinated to make it easier to know what to use together.