Rotary Gear Shift Dial Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would like a shifter that you pull rite back for drive. Move sideways for manual, and you bump t handle up or down for manual gear change. Only thing I would want it changed to

Have that exact setup in our 2010 Fusion. It's all good until you accidentally push it into manual mode when you are going around a hard corner with your hand on it. I do like that you don;t have to look at it when putting it in drive though. Just pull it all the way back. It only has PRND, with manual off to the side.

Screw the rotary knob, gimme push buttons on the dash and paddle shifters for manual mode.

OP
OP
King_

King_

Reaction score
Have that exact setup in our 2010 Fusion. It's all good until you accidentally push it into manual mode when you are going around a hard corner with your hand on it. I do like that you don;t have to look at it when putting it in drive though. Just pull it all the way back. It only has PRND, with manual off to the side.

Screw the rotary knob, gimme push buttons on the dash and paddle shifters for manual mode.
That's basically what I would like.. anything other than the giant ***** that takes up half of the center console. I suggested/asked about the rotary because it's something already in production that I thought may be a quick plug and play option. I would only want it if the paddle shifters could still be retained for manual mode.

Vectors2Final

Reaction score
My wife's new Expedition has it, and I hate it. But, the Expedition doesn't have paddles...does the Navi? I like the shifter in the Raptor just fine...way better hand rest than a dial...lol.

Navi has paddles, same HO 3.5 as the Raptor - which I kinda want to throw a JB4 on. lol

I have no idea about the Navigator, and changing the selector shouldn't take away from the paddle shifters I wouldn't think. It's all personal preference, I like the dial better, I want to know if it is possible with any bit of ease, or if it would require substantial engineering... yes I know anything is possible with the right amount of money.

The thing about the Navigator is that it no longer shares any interior parts with the Expedition. Completely different fit and finish, which is why my wife wanted one in the first place.

Here is a pic from my wife's BL Navi

8Mv9lTF.jpg