GEN 1 Roof Sound deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shinocu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant seem to find any information online if it maters what kind of deadening to use on the roof panel. I already have Focal Bam throughout the truck and since im replacing the sunroof figured i would do the roof. So would using Focal Bam again be fine or would it be to thick for the roof?

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did mine 2.5 years ago with Focal and no issues to date. Was looking what kinda damage curtain airbags did after those popped and deadening was still where it's supposed to be.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats really not bad at all, distributed obviously.
not a bad mod to consider for what it offers.

i suspect you can get close to 5db with adding the roof to it as well.
sorry, we did testing after a full sound deadening job including the roof. we didnt do any testing of just the roof. however with the gen 2s theres room for more sound deadening tiles in the doors which very well possiby could get you to 5db or more. i havent measured in the 2nd gens. never got around to it. but if you send me your truck and lots of money, i will do the testing for you......