Roof racks - what are the options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a roof rack, thought it would be nice to be able to mount perimeter lighting to and for gear during trips. Although I like the lower profile racks I do not like the idea of drilling into the roof of the cab. That being said it looks like they do make crossbars that clamp around the sides of the roof that you could then mount a basket or similar to. Anyone running roof racks here?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's looking like at this point the only option for something that won't drill into the cab would be the Rhino-Rack cross bars that clamp onto the sides of the cab.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
drilling in the roof only hurts when you do the first hole... Just did it 2 weeks ago ;)

I just don't like it's one of those things that's not easily reversible. At least with the roof bars if you need to remove them you just unclamp it from the roof to gain the clearance. With a basket that's riv-nutted into the roof that's not really as easily. lol

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only option for something not drilled into the roof is Rhino Rack. I sent them a message last night asking which cross bars they would recommend the the rep said they only recommend the Vortex ones since they hold the same weight as the Heavy Duty ones, but that they fit accessories from just about every company. I went ahead and ordered the bars from CarID since they have fast and free shipping. Just need to pick out a basket now.

Last edited: