Roof rack lights with Twin-panel Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my incoming '19 Raptor, I'd like to find an appropriate roof rack for some lights, or a light bar. I saw that KC makes an M Rack that fits Raptors, but in calling the company, they say that they don't work with twin-panel sunroofs, and they likely won't have a fix out for several months.

Does anyone have thoughts on what a good alternative would be that will accommodate roof-front mounted lights and a sunroof? Or, alternatively, a rear-roof arrangement that will also work with a tonneau cover?

I'd value your opinion on roof-mounted lights, as I've heard some negative feedback regarding noise, hood glare, mounting issues, etc.

Thoughts?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think gobiracks makes racks that work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you only wanting roof mounted lights? Or do you have a need for the full rack as well?

If you're only wanting roof mounted lights, the KC HiLiTES PRO6 is a solid option.

ravity-led-pro6_raptor-2017_lifestyle-web-8_1_630x.jpg

https://www.apollo-optics.com/colle...ight-57bar-kit-2017-91333?variant=39639258373

However, if you want rear roof mounted, you could look at the ADD Race Series Chase Rack that will hold a 50" light bar on an actuator. The base of the rack can be modified to work with retractable tonneau covers.

2017-ford-raptor-chase-rack.jpg

Or, if you do want the full roof rack, the ADD HoneyBadger Chase Rack with Roof Rack would work.

The pictured tire carrier is optional.

2017-ford-raptor-roof-rack.jpg

Let us know if any of these options work for you!

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. I've been talked out of roof-mounted lights, and other owners experienced significant wind noise, hood glare and greater difficulty with parking garages.

Appreciate the feedback.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
Just to clarify: The M rack does work with Twin Panel but I think that's a good illustration of what you will get out of KC. If you're handy the M rack can be made a great addition but it will surely make things a tad more difficult with very low parking garages and is definitely going to add some wind noise. The Pro 6 is significantly better with noise than the C series. Ive had both and couldn't recommend the c series.