Roof rack light build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm glad someone else said it first but that is fugly for sure. But to each his own......I guess. Hey, if you really are going to be taking the road to Hell, can you livestream it to us?

Prius driving, overblown vw beetle enthusiasts do not get to criticize aesthetics on FRF, or anywhere else on the internet without someone(s) rightly pointing out that you are the pot accusing the kettle of being black.

I think the force of air over the hood and up the windshield puts force downwards on the back of the mounts. If they are tight, they shouldn't come loose. Lots have complained of glare on the hood,etc, hence why so many use matt black on the hood. You are over building yours, pretty sure it will hold up. Great job as always.

won’t it also create upward force on the front mounts?
His lights are way, way higher up than a-pillar mounts. Unless he’s the worlds worst aftermarket light aimer, hood glare is not going to be an issue.

I have read this ‘lots have complained about hood glare’ comment quite a bit here. Most of the users of the lights dismiss this, and photographic evidence tends to show why. Not saying it can’t happen, just that this is way overblown.

On the seventh day god said "let there be light"

“Let there be light. Any day now... Hey, my Creation is not getting any younger here. OLDFART! Turn on the freakin’ lights already, or I smite you.

Now, where’s my beer..."

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prius driving, overblown vw beetle enthusiasts do not get to criticize aesthetics on FRF, or anywhere else on the internet without someone(s) rightly pointing out that you are the pot accusing the kettle of being black.

Thank you for that sage advice coming outta left field a week later.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Wow, whatever that is Bro........I am that! Sounds cool to me.

Arguing with fulano (i.e., John Doe) is the same as playing chess with a pigeon: it defecates on the table, drops the pieces and simply flies off, claiming victory.”
I'm glad someone else said it first but that is fugly for sure. But to each his own......
A pigeon poster is an internet non player character who replies in a forum discussion solely to cr@p all over the original poster’s topic.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing with fulano (i.e., John Doe) is the same as playing chess with a pigeon: it defecates on the table, drops the pieces and simply flies off, claiming victory.”

A pigeon poster is an internet non player character who replies in a forum discussion solely to cr@p all over the original poster’s topic.

So like a Fly By Pigeon Poster?