Rolled my 3 day old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with OP. I wouldn’t want the vehicle either. If they do force you to accept a repair… be sure and ask for DIMINISHED VALUE. It’s something most people don’t know about. It’s a cash payout after the claim/repair is done that is supposed to compensate you for value lost due to dirty Carfax.

chris51080

Reaction score
I agree with OP. I wouldn’t want the vehicle either. If they do force you to accept a repair… be sure and ask for DIMINISHED VALUE. It’s something most people don’t know about. It’s a cash payout after the claim/repair is done that is supposed to compensate you for value lost due to dirty Carfax.
That doesn’t work when you are at fault. You can only go after DV against a third party.

Reaction score
I'm curious to know more about what lead up to the rollover; is that a weigh safe weight distribution hitch? Either way appears that a distribution was being used...

WA2012

Reaction score
That doesn’t work when you are at fault. You can only go after DV against a third party.
This is not entirely correct. Perhaps it varies by state. My wife was at fault for an accident in Georgia and the insurance company paid out for diminished value on her vehicle.

Also, most insurance companies have a third party assessment company determine the damage based upon photos. Once a body shop starts tearing down this Raptor, as many have said, it will be totaled.

The initial estimate for my wife's vehicle was $2,400 in repairs but once the total extent of the damage was assessed by the shop, it was $34,000!

Avocet

Reaction score
Im in the market for a Raptor because...

I recently had my 2006 Dodge Ram Cummins go up in flames. For the past 30 years my insurance has been USAA. They used to write insurance only for officers in the military. Then they opened it up to enlisted military. Then they opened it up to all comers.

On the strength of the reputation they built when they were choosy on whom they inserted, they has sold a ton of insurance.

Alas, they outgrew their ability to serve their customers.

It has been 8 weeks since my truck burned. USAA has lost documents. They have failed to notify me when they needed more information. They have answered every question except the ones I asked. In short, it has been nothing short of a nightmare! My experience previously could not have been better. As soon as this claim is closed I am canceling USAA and moving to another insurance company.

Can anyone recommend who to get for my new Rapter?
tempImage0M3c31.png

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im in the market for a Raptor because...

I recently had my 2006 Dodge Ram Cummins go up in flames. For the past 30 years my insurance has been USAA. They used to write insurance only for officers in the military. Then they opened it up to enlisted military. Then they opened it up to all comers.

On the strength of the reputation they built when they were choosy on whom they inserted, they has sold a ton of insurance.

Alas, they outgrew their ability to serve their customers.

It has been 8 weeks since my truck burned. USAA has lost documents. They have failed to notify me when they needed more information. They have answered every question except the ones I asked. In short, it has been nothing short of a nightmare! My experience previously could not have been better. As soon as this claim is closed I am canceling USAA and moving to another insurance company.

Can anyone recommend who to get for my new Rapter?
View attachment 366934

the best there is the best there was and the best there will ever be......