Rolled my 3 day old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popovicj

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I bought a 2022 truck and rolled it doing 75mph down the highway pulling a trailer 3 days later. Thankfully the dog and I are ok, and no one else was hurt. The truck didn’t fair as well.

Insurance(USAA)came back with an initial estimate and said there’s only 30k of damage and they’re going to fix it.
I don’t want ANYTHING to do with this truck. With the exception of the hood and tail gate there is not a panel that doesn’t need to be replaced. All airbags expect the front deployed. There’s BBQ sauce all over the interior. (Gotta love the fact that in the south they give you an actual cup full of sauce. Great for ribs, not so great for roll over accidents. And no, the bbq sauce didn’t cause the accident)
Haven’t taken it to a frame shop yet but the rear axel is 4 inches out to the right of the truck. Left side control arms at bent, and a few other suspension component bent like pretzels. Multiple dash lights now displaying as well.

I feel like I’m missing something here. I can’t comprehend how they’re only estimating 30k of damage. Literally every panel, both Apillars, headlights, tail lights, etc have to be replaced, and that’s not even touching the potential mechanical/frame damage.

Lucky enough for this to be my first major accident in my life, so admittedly I’m not super familiar with the ins and outs of insurance. All I know is I want out of this truck. If they fix it, itll never be the same. It’ll be in and out of the shop once a month. Not to even mention the price hit that it’s going to take after the carfax states it’s a roll over airbag deployed vehicle.

Any advice on the best way to move foward is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JoeDC245E54-0257-4CF9-A730-18AE69568F20.jpeg547A8DD5-E8C3-47BF-BF23-64086D512F06.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A67CCB4-408C-487C-984B-4DD13AD654B3.jpeg
    5A67CCB4-408C-487C-984B-4DD13AD654B3.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 524
  • 0D11945B-4422-4A30-9FFC-07DC1B528812.jpeg
    0D11945B-4422-4A30-9FFC-07DC1B528812.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 527
  • 94F4A748-B9D7-4F77-AB60-022B0F0853C4.jpeg
    94F4A748-B9D7-4F77-AB60-022B0F0853C4.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 543

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m glad you and the dog are ok. Obviously having Dog as your copilot may not be the best thing... Sucks about the spilt BBQ sauce, I hope you at least got the ribs.

Was this one of the ‘send photos’ via their app estimates or did someone actually come to assess? Their estimate may well include non OEM parts like the body panels, do not accept any estimate or repair that does not use OEM parts.

While I look at that and think to myself “totaled”, @FordTechOne has pointed out several times that the new Ford truck frames are sectioned and made to be replaceable in parts. Maybe the cab can be easily replaced as an assembly, I don’t know. What I do know is, if you’re not a pro auto body shop owner or tech, defer to the shop judgment. A good shop will know straight away how bad off the truck is and you get a really good idea about how good they are if they refuse to deal with insurance requiring non-OEM parts. The shops that only do repairs with OEM parts tend to actually care about making the vehicle right.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Glad you and your pup are ok. Just finished hauling a car trailer with an older F150 500+ miles home to NC from FL. Definitely a dangerous thing hauling a trailer.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're okay! I have to agree with the above, as soon as a shop takes a look at it the estimate will skyrocket and it will likely be totaled. Even if the frame and driveline could be saved, the cost of airbags and all body panels will certainly make it a write-off.

FWIW, accidents like these are why I trust Ford trucks and the Raptor in particular so much. Could have easily ended up much worse for you and doggo so I'm glad to see the truck protected you well.