Rolled my 3 day old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I bought a 2022 truck and rolled it doing 75mph down the highway pulling a trailer 3 days later. Thankfully the dog and I are ok, and no one else was hurt. The truck didn’t fair as well.

Insurance(USAA)came back with an initial estimate and said there’s only 30k of damage and they’re going to fix it.
I don’t want ANYTHING to do with this truck. With the exception of the hood and tail gate there is not a panel that doesn’t need to be replaced. All airbags expect the front deployed. There’s BBQ sauce all over the interior. (Gotta love the fact that in the south they give you an actual cup full of sauce. Great for ribs, not so great for roll over accidents. And no, the bbq sauce didn’t cause the accident)
Haven’t taken it to a frame shop yet but the rear axel is 4 inches out to the right of the truck. Left side control arms at bent, and a few other suspension component bent like pretzels. Multiple dash lights now displaying as well.

I feel like I’m missing something here. I can’t comprehend how they’re only estimating 30k of damage. Literally every panel, both Apillars, headlights, tail lights, etc have to be replaced, and that’s not even touching the potential mechanical/frame damage.

Lucky enough for this to be my first major accident in my life, so admittedly I’m not super familiar with the ins and outs of insurance. All I know is I want out of this truck. If they fix it, itll never be the same. It’ll be in and out of the shop once a month. Not to even mention the price hit that it’s going to take after the carfax states it’s a roll over airbag deployed vehicle.

Any advice on the best way to move foward is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JoeView attachment 366766View attachment 366767
Glad youre ok and the dog too. USAA can fix it and the costs will go up. The next thing is depreciation. They are suppose to pay for the diminished value. 10% maybe? I’m not an expert. They could total in the end as well. USAA was a great company, I’m a retired Officer, but when they opened it to all ranks, they had lot’s of claims and service went down costs went up. My own opinion, good luck with it and if the adjuster sucks, move up to a more senior one. They want to save money. They need to clean that bbq sauce too perfectly or replace interior.

gt350shelby

Reaction score
Yes, here is some advice. Find out if you are in a diminished value state?

They will leave it in the body shop for 3-5 months fixing all that
The shop and the insurance company will play games until the come to some numbers that make it work for both of their benefits
In simple terms, the F150 is body on frame so it will be off by mm s and possibly more, no frame machine will pull out an f150 railroad rail frame.
My simple advice is don't say a word to you insurance company that you don't want repeated
work a deal up or sell it out right on your own once the work is finished
find another truck to your liking

sue your own insurance company for the diminished value of the truck you just lost then switch insurance companies to someone who protects your assets better. This is the easiest method to make it work out, otherwise you are just SOL.

good luck with it.
Diminishedvalue is t afforded under collision coverage unfortunately.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watched the tail wag the dog one day on the highway a few years back.

Full size Chevy was pulling a trailer with a car on it. They were about 200 ft in front of me and two lanes over so I got a perfect view of it. The trailer started going side to side, and after the third oscilation, the rear end of the truck went with it. They went up against the jersey barrier and ground to a stop.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Watched the tail wag the dog one day on the highway a few years back.

Full size Chevy was pulling a trailer with a car on it. They were about 200 ft in front of me and two lanes over so I got a perfect view of it. The trailer started going side to side, and after the third oscilation, the rear end of the truck went with it. They went up against the jersey barrier and ground to a stop.

I was 500 feet back and 3 lanes over from a small pickup towing what looked like a home-made trailer loaded with a bunch of pipe. Trailer started going side to side and this idiot actually speeds up! On about the third or fourth oscilation the trailer totally spun him around and sprayed the pipes across three lanes. I sped up just in time to pass him. I could see what was coming. A wall of cars behind us all slammed on their brakes and then it was a parking lot. :mad:

RdR2027

Reaction score
Bad crash! I was a street cop for 46 years and I've seen a lot of crashed vehicles. It looks totaled to me. You need to hire a lawyer asap. Don't talk to the insurance adjuster without your lawyer.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know this thread is a year and a half old since the last post, correct? I suspect the insurance claim is settled by now... :rotflmao:

Now that I’ve read through this REVIVED post, I’m curious if it actually ever got fixed

Last edited:

robl3577

Reaction score
I wish this forum had a popup that said "Just checking, but do you realize you're replying to a thread that's been dead for a very long time?"

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember seeing this over a year ago, would have been a better read if there were details, obviously we'll never find out, so we don't make the same mistake this guy made (probably overloaded or unbalanced load in the trailer which is an easy mistake to not make). I've driven 10k+ miles just over the past two years pulling campers, one over 3k and one over 6k pounds with no problem whatsoever. It makes a difference if you know what you're doing and yes, when the speed limit is 75, I go 75 (mpg sucks when doing so of course). Proper equipment, proper balance, traffic spacing and being extra attentive like you're towing makes a difference too. BBQ sauce at 75 mph is not a good idea either.:rolleyes: