RokBlokz MudFlaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hpschrank

Reaction score
I just installed the WT Gen 3 flaps and here’s what I did:

Fronts are pretty straight forward as you can turn the wheel and get as much clearance as you need.

Rears…I used a set of grip locks to grab the nut behind the flair and hold it while I used 7mm flat wrench to unscrew them. Front screws didn’t require this. All 4 wheels had actual metal screws not fasteners. Nuts were plastic I believe. Had to be careful not to over tighten.

The other thing I noticed is that with the using the 2 OEM screws to hold the flap in place….it was pretty flimsy. So I removed the flap and placed 3M double sided OEM tape between the flap and fender flair and then installed it. Was really solid and tight after that. I got the idea from a old Tundra I had that I added flaps to and they came with 3M tape already added to aid in installation and stability.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the WT Gen 3 flaps and here’s what I did:

Fronts are pretty straight forward as you can turn the wheel and get as much clearance as you need.

Rears…I used a set of grip locks to grab the nut behind the flair and hold it while I used 7mm flat wrench to unscrew them. Front screws didn’t require this. All 4 wheels had actual metal screws not fasteners. Nuts were plastic I believe. Had to be careful not to over tighten.

The other thing I noticed is that with the using the 2 OEM screws to hold the flap in place….it was pretty flimsy. So I removed the flap and placed 3M double sided OEM tape between the flap and fender flair and then installed it. Was really solid and tight after that. I got the idea from a old Tundra I had that I added flaps to and they came with 3M tape already added to aid in installation and stability.
how low do the front ones hang? mine are supposed to show up today and im a bit concerned i may bottom out with them off road. also how long did it take to install them? thx

ETA: I just installed my set. They probably hang a bit too low for full compression. They were super easy to install and the 3m tape was an absolute must. Super flimsy without it.

Last edited:

hpschrank

Reaction score
Attached are pictures from of the front and rear WT mud flaps. The tape measure is a little hard to see but the fronts are 18” from bottom of fender flair and the rears are 20”. The flairs are about 6.5” long in front and a 7.3” long in rear so you have 12” clearance in front and about 13” in rear before they will hit the ground. My truck is Gen 3 w/ 37 PP. tires at 40lbs. 1st pic is front tire, second is rear. Let me know if you need any other info!

Attachments

• 6622F4BD-82CE-4749-A1AE-34D6D80DEB19.jpeg
    6622F4BD-82CE-4749-A1AE-34D6D80DEB19.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 42
  • A8699859-317F-4BD1-841A-43CB9097BE47.jpeg
    A8699859-317F-4BD1-841A-43CB9097BE47.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 42

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the XLs on, the fronts rub on full turn. Looking to see if I can swap out for the regular size. I have stock tires, 35s. Fyi to those looking to get Rokblokz.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually didn't remove any fasteners, I found their fasteners to be cheap looking and would damage the fender flare.

So for the back, I used the OEM screws, put them back in, and then instead of drilling, put double sized tape to hold it in place.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 0 offset wheelsi on my Raptor. I like the width of the xl’s, but not the length. Anyone have any ideas on this? Anyone running the regular Rokblox with similar offset? I looked at the Husky and WT and they just don’t seem wide enough. If I get to xl”s for the width would it be difficult to cut them to a more appealing length? Thanks.

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I have 0 offset wheelsi on my Raptor. I like the width of the xl’s, but not the length. Anyone have any ideas on this? Anyone running the regular Rokblox with similar offset? I looked at the Husky and WT and they just don’t seem wide enough. If I get to xl”s for the width would it be difficult to cut them to a more appealing length? Thanks.
I have the standard size RokBloks and they're made of a thick plastic that would be easy to trim with a jigsaw. I would get the XLs and just mark it a couple inches up and saw away then sand down the rough edges. Should be an easy job.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They were a pain to install, but not overwhelming to anyone who has some mechanical ability. I borrowed a lift at work to install them, went easier than in the driveway.

Bluu

Reaction score
I got the XLs on, the fronts rub on full turn. Looking to see if I can swap out for the regular size. I have stock tires, 35s. Fyi to those looking to get Rokblokz.
With stock wheels/tires your front rub? I have run the same setup with stock wheels and 0 offset wheels and did not have any clearance issues, and measured about 1/2" clearance, which means if I went to 37's I'd rub and have to do some trimming, so I've held off due to that fact. But I find it curious that you rum on a stock setup with the XL's.

Attachments

• PXL_20220410_164019024.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220410_164019024.MP.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 37

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock wheels/tires your front rub? I have run the same setup with stock wheels and 0 offset wheels and did not have any clearance issues, and measured about 1/2" clearance, which means if I went to 37's I'd rub and have to do some trimming, so I've held off due to that fact. But I find it curious that you rum on a stock setup with the XL's.
stock tires, but new wheels 0 offset Black Rhino Abrams. I didn't put on flaps until after the new wheels were installed. It barely rubs, but enough to make a noise on full turn. I will trim them a bit some weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 23