RokBlokz MudFlaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey FRF - wondering if any of you who installed these had any tips for removing the black fasteners on the rear fenders? The ones that come on the truck that the instructions claim you can just 'pinch and slide out". I can't figure out for the life of me how to get these things out and my knuckles are screaming at this point. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey FRF - wondering if any of you who installed these had any tips for removing the black fasteners on the rear fenders? The ones that come on the truck that the instructions claim you can just 'pinch and slide out". I can't figure out for the life of me how to get these things out and my knuckles are screaming at this point. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Should be able to pull them out in either direction if you grab them with a needle nose pliers.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, 37” tires leave almost zero room to work with.
needle nose may not work, I just pushed one side at a time not straight out. Also loosening other fender screws helps pull fenders out a little more that will give you more space to get those plastic pieces out.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Holy sh*t those things pissed me off. So I pulled back the plastic (really hard) squeezed all the way around the back side of the plug to basically break it and then push it out from the back with the head the pliers. First side tire was on, second side tire was off. Much easier with tire off.

Ps I put 0 offset wheels on and they rub the front flaps. Going to cut the inside corner off.

OP
OP
RaptorFan1988

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the good tips. Glad to see I wasn't alone in this. Tried to do this during my lunch break today and dropped more than a few F bombs lol

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I know why I only put the fronts on my Gen2 and now my Gen3.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I only used the 2 oem screws on the rear. I took it off road and they held. To be fair I only mount them when I go out. Most of the time they are not even on.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow I broke one of the NEW rear clips, but still made it work. Also, if you don't put the truck on a lift, you won't get the suspension/wheel to drop leaving little room to do the install- another PITA!